Hybrid View

Liked 666 Times in 321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Fastest lap times on both days was set by a Supercar (Fraser McConnell in the i20). Wasn't a huge amount in it, but the FC1-X isn't quite the "fastest rallycross car ever" (yet).

Really interesting to compare FC1-X and Supercar performance on the two days. The FC1-X looked slow at North Bend, but the speed they were carrying through Paddock and into the chicane was ridiculous. To me the FC1-X isn't a rallycross car though, it is more like an electric trophy truck. Sure it will be well suited to the US short course tracks (like ERX) that they used last year.

I don't think they have the budget for that as well this year.

They were 10 FC1-X finished for Lydden, with two more pretty complete shells sitting in the paddock. The original press releases had stated that they were looking at 16 cars.

I personally wasn't that enthused by the battle format and would much rather see a more traditional race structure for both days of the event. One or two good tussles on Saturday, but it the was pack racing I was waiting for and as a consequence I much preferred Sunday over Saturday.

There was a lot of uncertainty before the event and I got the sense that a lot of the organisation was very last minute. Supercar entry was the biggest disappointment of the weekend for me. It was already clear before that Subaru weren't going to be there (and financially I can understand why), but I was really hoping the series would bring those cars (and drivers) to Europe. The eye-watering entry fee surely put some locals off and I wonder how many will be interested at the other European stops given the cost. Still, cool to see a couple of ex-World cars at Lydden.

Despite that I definitely thought there were more positives than negatives overall. If I had to pick one international series then I'm still favouring World RX, but I'd definitely consider attending another Nitro round. I would expect to see much more certainty in the event before any future Nitro event though.

Took a few pictures, so here are a few faves...

...more here if anyone is interested!
    You mention the 'eye-watering' entry fee

how much is it?

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    You mention the 'eye-watering' entry fee

how much is it?
    Single event entry for Supercar was $5000. There were more British drivers interested in racing until they saw the fee.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"