Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Most people do agree with you... I don't understand how FIA and the promotor allow these kind of things, like a rally with only 9 stages... 2 are cancelled and now we end up with some kind of rally-sprint. The stages are longer, but for the fans (both at home and on stages) it's nicer to follow events that have more (shorter) stages...
    I think that adding a short blast through a late evening stage today and some short stage in between these long stages really wouldn't have hurt. I like the fact that they try to do a rally with mainly long stages. It is a good idea and it is a good flirt with the past but seriously, a few shorties in between wouldn't have hurt!

Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Well, we should wait AL14 to speak for himself, but I doubt he expects Kubica to be as fast as top WRC drivers. Kubica isn't a bad driver, absolutely, he's good. And he does have raw speed, otherwise no stage wins. What we're saying here is that he should have a different approach to his rallies, he can't go full attack from the beginning to the end, especially when he has - as you said - not much experience. What can he achieve like that? A WRC2 title against Al Kuwari, and that's it. So yes, he achieved that, but if he wants to achieve anything in the WRC like that, he's wasting his time (he can spends his money how he wants of course, but judging from interviews he's really not satisfied on how this year went, is he?)
    What you call "miracles" that people here and trolls expect, it's actually first finish some rallies without major mistakes. The progress? I see no progress since last year. And unless he gets a really lucky rally, he won't progress.
    The fact is, that this season he isn't always 100% pushing, the fact is that he makes way less mistakes that last year, but still that's not enough. Even when problems are not his cause, people blame him, because it's Kubica, he must have done something.
    I think he will quit rallying after this season.

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spark13 View Post
    So what exactly has he achieved?
    5 or 6 SS wins and a record of DNF in the season.
    I think some other drivers could be much more successfull in this if they want to, or if the budget let them to.
    Kris Meek would for example=)
    Don't get me wrong I like Kubica but..... let's state the facts he is hottlapper, on a short distance, thats not a rally driver should be.
    Old Red Indian proverb. “Never criticize the speed of a fellow brave until you have run to the mountains in his moccasins”

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Kubica should stay home next year and if possible for the rest of the year as well... he is nothing.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    From a neutral standpoint I prefer him to Prokop... and especially that Khaled dude who gets beaten by RC3 and RC2 cars... I mean come fucking on! I could probably do better with no experience.
    Sure, Kubi is not someone that I would like to follow as a fan because it would be very frustrating seeing him in the ditch always. As a team boss I would probably be equally frustrated by him as I would be by having Meeke that everyone is vouching for but who is crashing about the same amount with more experience. However, I like the fact that occasionally, and especially on tarmac, there is someone taking the fight to the VW's and topping the stage times and often that has been Kubica, also on this rally.

Also you have to admit that the videos of him driving the stages are fun to watch. No grandma driving there.

Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Nothing wrong with Kubica in the wrc, more cars, more fun. Especially one that can snaffle best ss times.

Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
    Kubica should go to WTCC, and Loeb back to WRC. Win-win.
    Last edited by wrchirek; 4th October 2015 at 07:05.

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    Good morning guys!

Sun 07:31 - Weather
    A cloudy start in Ajaccio, but it should be a decent, dry, day here. The current temperature of 19şC is expected to hit 24şC this afternoon. WRC TV crews report that SS7 is damp in places after light rain overnight.

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    MICHELIN Motorsport ‏@michelin_sport

#tyre information: All #Michelin drivers with 4 Michelin Pilot Sport H ard + 2Soft except
    VW: 4S+2H
    Evans: 3H+3S