Page 141 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1514
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Define top driver? Suninen did very well albeit with mistakes, as would be expected (very much like a new Latvala).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Like last year, two special events where driver and road conditions are the main thing. Let's wait for the next round, where the troublesome c3 shined and others had several problems to get a bigger picture. Suninen did well, but remember his experience and his last event in that car was in August.

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    C`mon, it was just 1 point, Ogier was clearly faster than Evans and fought hard for that place. PS scheme also means that its tighter at the front, again, good for the sport. We saw that several drivers had to fight too hard for place at the end of Top10, all capable of winning it. If something, then it was that 6 km of unploghed snow and the question, whether WRC priority cars should contest together with historic class, as they are too different and create a big mess. Big effort from drivers, mechanics...teams in general, lots of money spent, stupid fans across the world calling them worthless, car brand worthless etc. Now that`s not honest.
    I've said it earlier this weekend, and I'll happily say it again. The historic class is irrelevant when it comes to Ogiers constant complaining. He complained just as much about the second runs in 2016. That year there was zero historic cars, and only five 2WD cars. He was complaining about exactly the same then. That the later cars were doing different lines and making grooves and making it impossible to run first.
    This year we had JWRC in Sweden, so that would've been a huge issue for Ogier regardless.
    Also, only five 2WD cars in 2016 wouldn't have the power or weight to completely mess with the lines, so it must be the slower 4WD cars as well. In 2016 there were only 50 entrants. So outside WRC and WRC-2 there wasn't too many cars.

So I guess in the end, for Ogier to be happy you'd need to have 20-25 cars max. in Rally Sweden. Only the top WRC and WRC-2 guys.
    Oh... and with Ogier running as number 4,5 or 6. As later than that might be troublesome with ice-dust making it slippery for later starters and then possible ruts.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Maybe less in Oppland, but as I am trying to get a guy from New Zealand over to Norway next winter, I'd like just as much snow in the rally area
    Yeah we'er around 5cm from beating the snow record from 1927 of 140cm where i live! This morning on Likenäs i was going 2km before area 4 and they stoped spectators after 1.5km so i had to crawl through the forest to get around the marshal as it's nearly impossible to walk!
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

4. Likes: KKS (19th February 2018),Rallyper (19th February 2018),Timmy (19th February 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    "The Monte Carlo was not the desired rally, but we had two things here in Sweden: we took the best place among the constructors and the drivers, we did recover our bad weekend of Monte Carlo. Thierry's event was great, he had a fantastic rally, he deserved a great success, he managed like a big man and he attacked when he had to, and he even earned some points in the Power Stage while he was in charge. It's an amazing weekend for him, his performance, being the third non-Scandinavian driver to win in Sweden, deserves a big congratulations, "said Alain Penasse.

And the Hyundai team manager added: "We were scared with his paddle shift in the first stage and he made a small mistake in the second Saturday, it's clear that the emotions are growing as you get closer to him. His passage through Colin's Crest was a bit of acrobatics, he was told he had to be careful in Karlstad, and next year I'll tell him to be careful in Karlstad and Colin's Crest. Thierry grew up during each rally, he showed an amazing maturity during this event, he drove fast but very comfortable, we did not have a preference but Thierry did the best results. the boss' at Hyundai but he appears as the boss of the WRC Ogier thinks the same thing now. "

Ogier, precisely, used a surprising strategy for the Power Stage. "By doing that, he improved his position on the road by 25 minutes, so he did a good job mathematically, he plays the grocer but, in the end, grocers always have a lot of money. ", concluded Penasse at our microphone.
    https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...and?id=9843586

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I've said it earlier this weekend, and I'll happily say it again. The historic class is irrelevant when it comes to Ogiers constant complaining. He complained just as much about the second runs in 2016. That year there was zero historic cars, and only five 2WD cars. He was complaining about exactly the same then.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2016 he was complaining clearing the road first 2 days, which was essentially 75-80% of the rally?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

7. Likes: A FONDO (19th February 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2016 he was complaining clearing the road first 2 days, which was essentially 75-80% of the rally?
    He was, though, it was zero cleaning that year, and just an advantage being first. For the second run he complained about the grooves from the slower cars, as they had different lines.
    Remember, the last 4 years have had quite little snow, so the road have been mainly ice without snow on it, this have made it an advantage to be first, as the road have been clean. But for each car running the ice have been ripped up, and ice-dust have been put on the top, which makes it worse for drivers that come afterwards.

He was, though, it was zero cleaning that year, and just an advantage being first. For the second run he complained about the grooves from the slower cars, as they had different lines.
    Remember, the last 4 years have had quite little snow, so the road have been mainly ice without snow on it, this have made it an advantage to be first, as the road have been clean. But for each car running the ice have been ripped up, and ice-dust have been put on the top, which makes it worse for drivers that come afterwards.
    I just remember the 2 day cleaning rule that year, which rally was advantage, and what advantage, I don't. May be so, may be not, all history now. Like the result in this rally, but it seems to make a lot of discussion of lot of aspects. Anyway who is right or not doesn't matter at the points scoring system.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I just remember the 2 day cleaning rule that year, which rally was advantage, and what advantage, I don't. May be so, may be not, all history now. Like the result in this rally, but it seems to make a lot of discussion of lot of aspects. Anyway who is right or not doesn't matter at the points scoring system.
    Understandable, I don't remember it from other rallies either. It's just that I've been spectating in Sweden all these years, you remember better when you are there. Or at least I do

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    hum... so once again all the drivers made it to the end, no withdraw except Meeke. Is it good or bad for the champioship? i kinda miss the drama already of people making mistake and bringing unexpected results. now mexico!

Understandable, I don't remember it from other rallies either. It's just that I've been spectating in Sweden all these years, you remember better when you are there. Or at least I do
    Yeah, Your counting of R2 cars is amazing, respect.