Page 137 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1426
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I guess the effort you need to put in to have an authentic rally experience is waaaay more than most other motorsports, let alone other sports. That gamer or esports fan is going to have to go way out of their comfort zone to visit the Welsh forests for example.

That's also the reason teams often struggle to get sponsors. It's pretty difficult to get any kind of in-event VIP experience compared to hosting clients at a race circuit or even WRX track.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (5th July 2017)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Rally Poland was dropped and replaced with Rally New Zealand as a second fast gravel rally.
    Is that the goal of this discussion? Discredit rally Poland in favor of New Zeland?
    Yes, rally poland has safety issues, but they are not much different from any rally. How many pictures of "idiots" we have in previous discussions? A lot. Why we had dead person at Monte Carlo? Because of good safety? This plot against Rally Poland is complete b****t.

4. Likes: sonnybobiche (5th July 2017)
    Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    How many times in the last twenty years did a truck go on stage against the competitor? Maybe never until this weekend? If that's not a major safety fuck up what is?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: cali (5th July 2017),Munkvy (6th July 2017),pantealex (6th July 2017),PLuto (6th July 2017),steve.mandzij (5th July 2017)
    Liked 141 Times in 46 Posts
    Some press photos in high resolution

8. Likes: drive (6th July 2017)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    How many times in the last twenty years did a truck go on stage against the competitor? Maybe never until this weekend? If that's not a major safety fuck up what is?
    I mean, that's one lunatic fire truck driver. I'm not sure how the rally organizers could have reasonably predicted and avoided that situation. Seems like it could happen anywhere, given a sufficiently silly person at the wheel. Don't think it counts as evidence of a systematic failure at rally poland. It was a major fuck up, for sure, though.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    From the video we can't say.
    Maybe fire truck driver wanted to just pass and park. I can't imagine driver being so retarded to drive against racing cars.
    In any case, do you see this incident as more significant then the death in MC?
    How many people called for scrapping it?
    Dual standards, that's what you guys are doing here.

11. Likes: Kris82 (6th July 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Is that the goal of this discussion? Discredit rally Poland in favor of New Zeland?
    My point was just that we'd replace a fast gravel rally with a fast gravel rally, and I knew NZ was being planned for a comeback.

13. Likes: pantealex (6th July 2017),steve.mandzij (5th July 2017)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Time differences on PS are always very small. Road position difference between 4th or 6th on the road is probably negligible, but on gravel rallies there will always be huge difference between 1st and 3rd+.

That's why I find it outrageous that such an important point is not clearly defined in the rules... and even more outrageous that teams don't seem to complain loud about it. That said as far as I can see Poland is the first rally of the year where a Rally2 driver didn't go before "normal" drivers.
    Poland was a first rally with just one rally2 driver and huge "normal" drivers.
    So it's very easy to calculate.
    If we have a 30 min regroup it can put rally2 driver ahead only if 7 "normal" drivers left
    If regroup 45 min - 11 drivers.

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    I mean, that's one lunatic fire truck driver. I'm not sure how the rally organizers could have reasonably predicted and avoided that situation. Seems like it could happen anywhere, given a sufficiently silly person at the wheel. Don't think it counts as evidence of a systematic failure at rally poland. It was a major fuck up, for sure, though.
    You have obviously no idea how organization of such event works. The fire truck was part of the event emergency system and went there on someone's order. I'm sorry but such situation would mean serious consequences for the organization even on second league national level and is competely unacceptable on WRC level.

Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    In any case, do you see this incident as more significant then the death in MC?
    Yes, I do because this situation is a system failure while some spectator standing wrong is not always such case. I don't bash that much the spectator safety because I know how extremely difficult it is with spectators. You know in my country we have maybe the strcictest spectator regulation in Europe and still we had number of deadly accidents which were nearly in all cases caused by the spectators themselves because they simply ignored the organization.
    Last edited by Mirek; 5th July 2017 at 21:14.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

16. Likes: Mintexmemory (5th July 2017),pantealex (6th July 2017),PLuto (6th July 2017)
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    those idiots from estonia are behind all this sh*t