Page 55 of 141 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Betsafe seem to be pretty good at this job.
    They have the best sports journalist in Estonia doing and creating all the content. The guy is a bright sunny spot in a quite dull scenery. Miles ahead of all the other bunch. Glad to see he's doing stuff in other languages as well.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

2. Likes: dimviii (16th February 2022),EstWRC (16th February 2022)
    Liked 2,142 Times in 934 Posts
    friend said that one thing was quite interesting.
    Mr Kruus asked about the rumour if Hyundai will pull the plug..?
    Suninen said that he can't confirm or deny that..
    May be that he really doesn't know, but maybe has heard something.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    friend said that one thing was quite interesting.
    Mr Kruus asked about the rumour if Hyundai will pull the plug..?
    Suninen said that he can't confirm or deny that..
    May be that he really doesn't know, but maybe has heard something.
    I think it was a double question like "are there tough times at Hyundai, maybe they will quit before the end of the year" and Suninen might have replied to the first part.

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    im also half way through or even less, he did only total 3 test days with the new Ford R5 back in 2019!!! Said that in his opinion it was wrong to go straight to Rally Estonia that year with that R5. This year he has done 6 days alone with the Hyundai R5.
    I thought three test days was referring to his WRC season, and he went to Rally Estonia completely without testing the new Rally2 car.

Liked 2,142 Times in 934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think it was a double question like "are there tough times at Hyundai, maybe they will quit before the end of the year" and Suninen might have replied to the first part.
    Oh, okay. Thanks for specifying that!

Anyway, sounds like cool interview. Waiting for English subs.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Well that was a fantastic interview, hats off to everyone involved. The best thing about Suninen (from a fan's perspective) is that he ain't that good at talking BS. Ofcourse he knows what can be said and what not, but he often answers in a way where the audience can atleast get a hint about how things really are, no matter how bold the question would be.

I'm not 100% sure, but was this the first time the "public secret" from 2016 was confirmed, that the original plan (before VW's shock exit) for TGR in 2017 was to run Suninen in the role that was eventually given to Lappi once JML became available?

Btw, regarding the topic that was also briefly touched during the interview, Suninen is just brilliant in his new WRC commentator role on Finnish media outlet CMore. Really looking forward to hear him again in Sweden.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

8. Likes: becher (16th February 2022),cali (16th February 2022),flat_right (16th February 2022),Jewy46 (17th February 2022)
    Liked 496 Times in 249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but was this the first time the "public secret" from 2016 was confirmed, that the original plan (before VW's shock exit) for TGR in 2017 was to run Suninen in the role that was eventually given to Lappi once JML became available?
    It was so public that did not remember that maybe this was 1st time confirmed

10. Likes: er88 (16th February 2022)
    Liked 12,255 Times in 5,267 Posts
    It was indeed fantastic, like user Cali said, the guy is above everyone else in Estonia regarding commentating and interviews and journalism.

As Kalle lives also in Estonia, then i hope that the next one is with him. SOme guys in the comment section have also recommended it as next one
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: cali (16th February 2022)
    Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    Well that was a fantastic interview, hats off to everyone involved. The best thing about Suninen (from a fan's perspective) is that he ain't that good at talking BS. Ofcourse he knows what can be said and what not, but he often answers in a way where the audience can atleast get a hint about how things really are, no matter how bold the question would be.

Btw, regarding the topic that was also briefly touched during the interview, Suninen is just brilliant in his new WRC commentator role on Finnish media outlet CMore. Really looking forward to hear him again in Sweden.
    Latvala talks about it in the WRC podcast
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

At least in Kristian Sohlberg's twitch interview of Suninen.