Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
Isn't the driver a part of the team , though ?
Punishing the team for what an idiot driver does happens naturally if either or both go off , so why should it be different if they stay on .

What's pi$$ed me off in the past is where a driver isn't protested , just because it's between team mates , like that incident in Canada .
You get off "Scot-free" when you burn your team-mate ?

Nah , penalize where necessary if anyone deserves it , and let the teams pin the tail on the donkey in the back of the garage .
We could do it that way. It wouldn't bother me. But a situation like Canada puts pressure on the stewards to make a decision. I don't think they're as objective as we hope they'd be. MB knew Hamilton made a mistake. But I suspect there would've been some heated discussions behind the scenes if he had been penalised.

You have to acknowledge that there's a Constructor's championship as well, and that's important (even if it isn't to fans). In that situation, if you could punish the driver without punishing the team. Then I think it takes the pressure off MB as well. They know Rosberg was dudded. But they had to act in the best interests of the team before Rosberg.