Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I really do hope that Alonso recovers full.
    But from Vettel's description of the incident the whole thing is bizarre and almost as if Alonso had some sort of problem which led to him steering into the wall and subsequent impact.
    Almost as if he had a physical problem within the cockpit, lost consciousness for a second or some other sort of neurological problem. Normally one would walk away from the incident and be ready to go a week later. But he genuinely seemed to struggle to find his balance and stay conscious after being helped out of the car and those are all troubling signs. Now with the latest news, it only confirms my suspicions that there may be more going on than meets the eye. The sport can ill afford to loose a major personality in this tough times.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I really do hope that Alonso recovers full.
    But from Vettel's description of the incident the whole thing is bizarre and almost as if Alonso had some sort of problem which led to him steering into the wall and subsequent impact.
    Almost as if he had a physical problem within the cockpit, lost consciousness for a second or some other sort of neurological problem. Normally one would walk away from the incident and be ready to go a week later. But he genuinely seemed to struggle to find his balance and stay conscious after being helped out of the car and those are all troubling signs. Now with the latest news, it only confirms my suspicions that there may be more going on than meets the eye. The sport can ill afford to loose a major personality in this tough times.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    How about this Alonso might have got Vertigo?

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    F1: Alonso pulls out of Australian GP

If the tests are true to form, both McLarens will probably blow up early on, so if Fred has to miss a race this isn't the worst he could have done.

Still, sad to see him have this kind of trouble. I read nelson Piquet suffered from disorientation, confusion and lack of balance for most of his 87 champiohnship year following a concussion at Imola. He could have probably very easily had another really nasty accident, so it's not going to hurt for Alonso to be cautious with this.

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    As a fan, I wish Fred a proper recovery before coming back. Consider the opener a DNS or DNF. It's a given the car will retire during a race judging from the tests. The only consolation is K Mag gets a second chance like Grosjean albeit only 1 race. It's the career defining for him & he needs to show how hungry he is.

6. Likes: Duncan (4th March 2015)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 607 Posts
    Now that we know he is concussed can we give that side of the story a rest?

Get Well, Fernando.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    It appears that Fred has already been cleared for Malaysia:

Fernando’s doctors acknowledge that he feels fit and well, and that he regards himself as ready to race, and, that being the case, they are comfortable with the fact that he has already recommenced physical training, with a view to preparing for a return to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda car for the Malaysian Grand Prix meeting on March 27th, 28th and 29th. Indeed, his doctors are supportive of that ambition, satisfied as they are that he sustained no damage whatsoever during his testing accident on February 22nd.
    The Anglo Mafia has your back.....dawg!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Still all seems a bit strange.

Makes you wonder about drivers of the past. I mean if Fernando is recommended to miss Australia after all that time, think about drivers in the past who have had massive shunts in Quali or Race part 1 and got straight back in the car.

They either were majorly at risk or today the Doc's are too cautious
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Alonso, they surmised, had been hit by a thunderbolt of electricity that had escaped the car, looped the loop, and landed on his nose. I think I even read a report blaming the Mafia
    https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015...ect-of-alonso/
    May the forza be with you

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Now that I have heard the news that Fernando will not be able to race in Australia, not only I feel worried about his well being, but I also feel worried about safety of F1 racing in general. Last year it was Bianchi, and then Fernando also had a significant crash. Did F1 get too complacent?