Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    My stats are comprehensive. Your stats are lol worthy. You're unravelling. Not even Hamilton himself would believe your stories.

Here's something else to consider. Had we gone by my hypothetical rule of dropping the two worst results. Hamilton would've won the title by 1pt, despite a worse finishing average for the best 19 races? So in this regard. Neutral race fans can be relieved that the motor racing gods served up some "natural justice" in Malaysia.

But also. To add credibility to Rosberg's status as a champion. When people talk about Rosberg/Hamilton, they only ever talk about 14,15&16. The title years. But they were also team mates in 13. This season gets forgotten.

In 13. Hamilton did not suffer 1 mechanical dnf. Rosberg suffered 3. In those races (Australia, Bahrain & Hungary), Hamilton scored a total of 50pts.

The final point scores for 2013 were

Hamilton. 189pts
    Rosberg. 171pts

Edit:. I didn't realise Rollo just posted.

Ouch. That stat would hurt.
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 8th January 2017 at 12:45.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Had we gone by my hypothetical rule of dropping the two worst results. Hamilton would've won the title by 1pt
    And I would have cried as foul over that result as I did over Ayrton Senna's fraudulent championship in 1988, where he won the title by being worse.

I've just had thought - with Rosberg gone, shouldn't that entitle Hamilton to run car number 0.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    You're right, my stats are LOL worthy which is pretty much what I said in my post but then again yours are even more LOL worthy. I should have known it would go right over your head though. You are the one unravelling, now that your stats have been exposed as nothing other than complete rubbish, you are now beginning to reference other seasons to desperately try and backup your embarrassing stats. I'm mortified for you now. You're getting really desperate but please continue on digging that hole yourself, I'll just get the popcorn and sit back satisfied in the knowledge that all you could do is agree with me and my stats being LOL worthy and then just reference a different season.

I do, however, agree with the 2013 season point. Rosberg had more reliability issues that season. I also remember Hamilton had brake issues the entire year as he couldn't use the Brembo brakes he wanted. Who knows what would have happened were that not the case.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 8th January 2017 at 13:50.

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You don't like Hamilton either. Hence an objective conversation with both of you is pointless. By the way l am not a Hamilton fanboy. I just like a fair opinion not a dig at Hamilton for the sake of it.

The points you put forward show a very poor analysis of the season anyway. The Journeyman stats are simply comical to say the least. I have taken the pain to refer him and you to an independent website where a comprehensive and fair analysis of the season is publicized. Feel free to check it out again and say something worth talking about.
    I do like Hamilton .

And , you do , too .
    It's OK to admit that .

It's also OK to accept that others may see a season where it was close as more complicated than just one DNF being the difference between the two .

And , by the way , if you consider anything about conversing with me "pointless" , then , by all means , don't bother .

I can't deny that I've been successfully trolled by TBK.

I'll leave it at that

Anyway. Prior to the stats I've already showed. There's more that I found about Rosberg which I thought was interesting.

This is purely about him. Nothing to do with any other driver.

Instead of writing it up again. I'm going to link my post on an Australian Football site.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...#post-48101880

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    I can't deny that I've been successfully trolled by TBK.

I'll leave it at that
    Both you and TBK are incredibly knowledgeable about F1 , and I really enjoy reading all these posts , but for the mean banter .

I quoted you on this , j-man , but it's really a comment for both of you .
    I can imagine some really awesome debate if the disrespect is dropped .

Come on you guys !
    Step back to those neutral corners , throw some chill on the keys , and make your points calmly and fairly .

Please .
    I really mean it .

8. Likes: N4D13 (9th January 2017),Tazio (10th January 2017)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I do like Hamilton .

And , you do , too .
    It's OK to admit that .

It's also OK to accept that others may see a season where it was close as more complicated than just one DNF being the difference between the two .

And , by the way , if you consider anything about conversing with me "pointless" , then , by all means , don't bother .
    Baggie, l would converse with you all day and anytime. But l would not do it when it seem clear to me that you want to have a dig at driver without good basis. Yes, l like Hamilton, but l like Alonso, Verstapenn, Ricciado, Vettel, Kimi and Bottas among others not mentioned.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Anyway. Prior to the stats I've already showed. There's more that I found about Rosberg which I thought was interesting.

This is purely about him. Nothing to do with any other driver.

Instead of writing it up again. I'm going to link my post on an Australian Football site.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...#post-48101880
    I think you would find that most on here admire Rosberg. He is without doubt a quality top notch driver. But he is not a top tier driver. He is just outside the league of Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso and recently Verstapenn. But that said, Rosberg was the best we have seen him ever, in 2016. Apart from his outstanding performance and his work ethics, his methodical approach this year and his one step at a time philosophy is something that has won him alot of respect and admiration. More so, he is a world champion now, so everything else anyone want to say about the man is irrelevant. It really does not matter if he is not in the top tier of most peoples choices of top driver. He is in an exclusive club of world champions, that is what matters really.
    My point is there isn't an anti-Rosberg sentiment against most of your post. It is just that it is disproportionately over-emphasized. But worst, you try to diminish the hard work of another to make your point. My impression is you were trying to whip up prejudice but failed. I have seen this sort of thing before and it is ugly and l was not impressed at all.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I do, however, agree with the 2013 season point. Rosberg had more reliability issues that season. I also remember Hamilton had brake issues the entire year as he couldn't use the Brembo brakes he wanted. Who knows what would have happened were that not the case.
    Rosberg would be asked by the team to not pass Hamilton, like in Malaysia?