Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    As you said, the rally phylosopy is to pass all sections as fast as possible.
    This particular place was all about slowing down. The only way to avoid crashing, was to slow down.
    Better get rid of corners then if slowing down is a problem...

What rallies would be left after your sanitisation of rallying. No Monte Carlo, can't be slowing for Ice. No Finland, can't be backing off to get over a jump. Pretty much no tarmac rallying in Ireland. No Rally Gb, might have to slow down for inconsistent grip on increasingly oversaturated mud? Your's is a bad road to go down, if you'll pardon the pun...

2. Likes: pantealex (9th August 2017),sonnybobiche (8th August 2017),Walach (10th August 2017),[RMC]Pip (9th August 2017)
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The tyres were shit compared to today, the suspension was bad, brakes weak .
    The speeds thus slower, and overall safety almost the same (exept of course the safety equipment). That is why they should limit suspension travel, aero and tyres on current cars

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    How many of the actual top drivers from each catagory crashed at these 'tricky sections' in Rzeszow. Only one by my reckoning...

5. Likes: pantealex (9th August 2017)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Better get rid of corners then if slowing down is a problem...

What rallies would be left after your sanitisation of rallying. No Monte Carlo, can't be slowing for Ice. No Finland, can't be backing off to get over a jump. Pretty much no tarmac rallying in Ireland. No Rally Gb, might have to slow down for inconsistent grip on increasingly oversaturated mud? Your's is a bad road to go down, if you'll pardon the pun...
    Don´t mix things up. A rally without corners isn´t a rally. Not even a racing track. But. You obviously haven´t crashed a 50000 and up Euros car in a rally on places known as more than an off corner, have you? Easy to talk whithout experience from real world.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    How many of the actual top drivers from each catagory crashed at these 'tricky sections' in Rzeszow. Only one by my reckoning...
    My bad... in fact there were NONE !

Gryazin did crash on SS6, but didnt crash on the 'tricky' section, but just on a normal corner, running wide and hitting a bank...

#M-SPORTER

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Gryazin is a top driver? First time I read this.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Gryazin is a top driver? First time I read this.
    For ERC gategory he sure is, sure he tends to crash alot but that's normal for a russian driver.
    From the regular ERC drivers, who would you rate higher than him expect Kajetanovicz and Lukyanuk?
    And again, his crash in Poland has nothing to do with those "dangerous" roads, just him missing the corner. <-- This might drop him from the 3rd best/fastest ERC driver =)

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    For ERC gategory he sure is, sure he tends to crash alot but that's normal for a russian driver.
    From the regular ERC drivers, who would you rate higher than him expect Kajetanovicz and Lukyanuk?
    And again, his crash in Poland has nothing to do with those "dangerous" roads, just him missing the corner. <-- This might drop him from the 3rd best/fastest ERC driver =)
    Sure, I know he is fast, but "top driver"? What he'd done to achieve that title? I also know erc is not full of fast drivers, so
    I guess it's a matter of numbers only?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Sure, I know he is fast, but "top driver"? What he'd done to achieve that title? I also know erc is not full of fast drivers, so
    I guess it's a matter of numbers only?
    Yeah that's the problem here, you are top driver in ERC when you can afford to do it with R5. nonetheless he sure has some potential.
    He hasn't achieved anything but he has been fast in almost every rally this year until mistakes/problems which led to him drop in standings.
    This year he has won 1 rally in Latvia where he did beat Rovanpera fair and square even thought being little wild and almost crashing in couple places (that were caught on a cam) but still, speed is there. He just needs to stay on road.
    Last edited by Essaj; 9th August 2017 at 23:47.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Don´t mix things up. A rally without corners isn´t a rally. Not even a racing track. But. You obviously haven´t crashed a 50000 and up Euros car in a rally on places known as more than an off corner, have you? Easy to talk whithout experience from real world.
    it's up to the driver to know the "off corners", that's why we have recce.
    and especially today, with the internet full of video's of "difficult rally corners", there's no excuse to not knowing where to be careful.

every corner, every bump, every cut, the difficulty is always the same. you have to determine how fast you can go through them without losing control or breaking the car. the big difference is how much room for error there is.

and i always say: if you can't afford to crash it, you shouldn't race it.

13. Likes: Walach (10th August 2017)