Page 438 of 747 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 7466
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    You cannot find what is installed in the car. Like I told, nothing like evo kit doesnt exist. There are only some parts, which are adjusted. But it is not necessary to put all the parts immediatelly there. Any mentioning of "evo" in any results or database means nothing, it is nonsense...
    Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't joker/evo parts fitted as a package? Probably that's why some PSA R5's owners didn't install engine improvements from last year evo kit; they would be forced to also use the faulty power steering that came along.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't joker/evo parts fitted as a package? Probably that's why some PSA R5's owners didn't install engine improvements from last year evo kit; they would be forced to also use the faulty power steering that came along.
    There are some parts as package in one joker, but others not. Thats why it is nonsense to talk about "evo" versions. It was nonsense with S2000 and it is nonsense with R5.

3. Likes: Andre Oliveira (22nd February 2017)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    There are some parts as package in one joker, but others not. Thats why it is nonsense to talk about "evo" versions. It was nonsense with S2000 and it is nonsense with R5.
    Wasn't it mandatory to fit the evo parts in S2000? I remember problems for Vanneste when he wanted to start in Ypres without the evo bumpers.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Ok, but cars with upgrades are faster or not?? If yes (it is logical...), than it is good to know who has the latest improvement and who not...at least there, where is an intensive fight for positions between R5 cars.
    Otherwise-if just one R5 is at the finish line, than it has no sense.....

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Wasn't it mandatory to fit the evo parts in S2000? I remember problems for Vanneste when he wanted to start in Ypres without the evo bumpers.
    Some modifications are mandatory some not. It's stated in the homologation regulations for which the new parts replace the old ones (usually after one year I think) and for which both options are allowed in the same time.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: dupanton (23rd February 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Ok, but cars with upgrades are faster or not?? If yes (it is logical...), than it is good to know who has the latest improvement and who not...at least there, where is an intensive fight for positions between R5 cars.
    Otherwise-if just one R5 is at the finish line, than it has no sense.....
    You don't seem to understand so I will repeat what PLuto wrote in other words.

Nobody knows what is installed in which car except the teams themselves.
    Therefore no result system can ever show accurately the evolution status of said cars. The only proper way is to show only the type of the car and nothing else. In any other case You always show some bullshit in the results.

An example - You have 5 Fiesta R5 on the start line. You know that one team has everything available installed and the other has new engine but not new dampers and new gearbox ratios. The other three teams are foreign and You know nothing about them.

What will You show in results? One Fiesta R5 Evo, One R5 1/2 Evo and three R5? What if all the other three are fully upgraded? Or partially upgraded or each of them in different way? How do You know?

You can never know that and showing the state for just several known cars is simply wrong (Can You be even sure they are really known? have You checked each part Yourself?). That's why the only correct way is not to show such details at all.

9. Likes: Andre Oliveira (22nd February 2017),cali (22nd February 2017),dimviii (22nd February 2017),PLuto (22nd February 2017)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Anyway there was decent difference between Fabia S2000 (2009-2010) and Fabia S2000 facelift (2011-) also known as "Evo2" ...It was different from outside and also from inside. BUT it would be arguing about nothing.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

But it's still the same case. What made it Evo? larger track and different body parts? But the wide car could have old bodyshell with different placement of some parts (for example I think later cars had battery at the back), it could have old engine, older gearbox etc. More important parts could have been old while those visible could have been new.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Some modifications are mandatory some not.
    Honestly, neither yours nor Pluto’s explanations are totally clear (besides the issue of no one being able to say from outside that the car is a Evo 1, 2 or 3...) and one purpose of the forum is to learn something with the others.

So, can you or any other member answer these questions:
    With current R5’s (lets put aside S2000’s or any former group or class) the joker parts are single parts or they came in multi parts kits that must be installed altogether? Can you give examples of joker parts that were allowed to be installed separately in R5 cars? Don’t the joker parts (or kits) must be registered on the car tech passport? If yes and if they're acctually kits and not single parts, what’s the problem of making mandatory the use of the designation Evo 1/2/whatever, besides the car model’s name on entry lists? Thxs in advance.
    Rally addict since 1982

Sorry, I can't tell You any details because I simply don't know them. I can only tell You general principle and that is very similar answer to that one which PLuto told You.

Normally the homologation has several types of extensions. Some of them are mandatory some not. Some of them need jokers some of them not, some may be introduced any time without any limitation.

If I remember right this is what You can find in the homologation form:
    VF - means several different suppliers are allowed for the same part
    VK - kit, using defined by manufacturer in the homologation list
    VO - optional part; normally it's not allowed to combine various VOs for some functional parts, for exmaple You can't combine brake discs from one VO with calipers from another one
    ER - this is the mandatory stuff, erratum replaces previously used part; regulations define which parts can be homologated only as ER

IMHO if there is some sort of set of several homologation extensions bound together it's from functional reason not due to regulations saying that some stuff has to be bound to another.

Regarding jokers I would need to have specific homologation regulations for R5 which is not a freely available document therefore I can't say which modifications fall under which category of extensions and what is their application policy. IMO at least all ER shall require jokers but probably many VOs too.

PS I apologize if something what I said is not totally accurate. Someone who works with it daily for sure has better knowledge than me.
    Last edited by Mirek; 22nd February 2017 at 17:44.

14. Likes: OldF (24th February 2017),Rally Power (23rd February 2017)