Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    tolis any news about today tests?

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Just 29 crews?! In Acropolis, one of the most famous rallies in the world? Is this a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    Not even one top class car.really sad thing.i hope one day to reach the old good days when greeks had really good cars.
    I am trying to remain upbeat, but looking at the entry list and itinerary, it is hard to disagree with the above comments; I could be wrong, but this appears to be the shortest Acropolis ever at 239km. It is basically 6 stages run twice with a 1km Super Special! There are local level events longer than that! The separation of the national entries from the ERC field, as some have already mentioned, does not help at all and appears to defeat the purpose of the "re-invented" ERC; as far as I can tell, participation in and/or winning this series is still as much a road to nowhere as it ever has been. I hope I am wrong and of course will be following along as always, but sometimes it is hard to see what is happening to the sport...

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    participation in and/or winning this series is still as much a road to nowhere as it ever has been.
    IMO it's better than recent pre-Eurosport ERC but still has some way to go to reach the level of IRC.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    It's new FIA rules which created this mess - specific ERC tyres and the end of homologation for most used helmets...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    I am trying to remain upbeat, but looking at the entry list and itinerary, it is hard to disagree with the above comments; I could be wrong, but this appears to be the shortest Acropolis ever at 239km. It is basically 6 stages run twice with a 1km Super Special! There are local level events longer than that! The separation of the national entries from the ERC field, as some have already mentioned, does not help at all and appears to defeat the purpose of the "re-invented" ERC; as far as I can tell, participation in and/or winning this series is still as much a road to nowhere as it ever has been. I hope I am wrong and of course will be following along as always, but sometimes it is hard to see what is happening to the sport...
    Shortest Acropolis? Sure, but it's ERC, not WRC, so the total kms are less. See for example the kms of the first 2 rounds.

@dimviii: Lappi was really flying in his Skoda, he will be very fast in gravel. Peugeot's did many passes on tarmac, not so many on gravel. Kajto was scaring fast and confident, Tarabus fast but more nervous than Kajto. Serderidis was trying to learn as much as possible. Delta Rally didn't do so many passes, Magalhaes's car caught fire, fortunately, not big damages.

Tarabus had a ride with Kajto and he said that this guy is crazy. GINE, Athanassoulas, had also this experience and couldn't speak for 10 minutes! He admitted that fortunately, I don't drive in the Acropolis Rally!

For greeks, a small article about the tests: http://www.r40.gr/index.php?option=c...658&Itemid=187

thanks tolis!

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    thanks tolis!
    Did u come at all?

Quote Originally Posted by tolis View Post
    Did u come at all?
    no i wasnt at tests,but i will go at the rally.

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tolis View Post
    Shortest Acropolis? Sure, but it's ERC, not WRC, so the total kms are less. See for example the kms of the first 2 rounds.
    [/url]
    I agree, but it seems to me it could be even shorter and the organizers were just trying to make it longer by adding for example SS Aghionori.Maybe the stage won´t be finally so bad, but it definitelly doesn´t fit to the reputation of mythical Acropolis rally. What happened to all these nice gravel stages? Altogether it seems to me Rally Acropolis this year is weaker twin brother of Rally Cyprus. It should find its own place on sun, this is THAT FAMOUS Rally Acropolis.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise