Page 35 of 439 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

Re: [WRC] News & rumours (part III)

Keep dreaming.... broken dreams of nationalistic favouritism is my lunch.... and when the excuses like no support/money blah blah blah will start then your tears will be a nice beverage... ask the finns... they know the story very well...

Paddon is fast and good to watch but no future among the big boys.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts

Nothing could be further from the truth NOT. I'm not the chairman of the Paddon fan club so I'm about to shed tears regardless of what happens. However there are some home truths you might like to consider.

When somebody wins once or twice it may be fluke, luck or an aberration.
    When they win consistently it's no longer likely to be any of these things but rather the emerging of a pattern.
    When they understand what is required to win and use that knowledge to win everything they enter that is the makeup of a champion.
    It is the ability to win that matters, not which car they've sat in or who's turned out against them.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Paddon is fast and good to watch but no future among the big boys.
    Fortunately for Hayden your opinion of his capabilities is not shared by the "Big Boys" that I have spoken with for they rate him very highly indeed. His peers respect him
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

time will tell... all the best in his new adventure.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Happy for Hayden, but not a clever decision by Hyundai if you ask me. This is their first year in WRC with a new car, so they should focus on the progress of the car rather than on the drivers. Too many drivers already there...Good luck anyway !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Happy for Hayden, but not a clever decision by Hyundai if you ask me. This is their first year in WRC with a new car, so they should focus on the progress of the car rather than on the drivers. Too many drivers already there...Good luck anyway !
    Fully agree with that.

Anyway, it looks like this is a privately funded entry with support of Hyundai NZ.

Good luck to Hayden, he seems like a guy who deserves a chance, but what are these amazing credentials people are talking about? I think he has a lot to prove yet.

Liked 86 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    That's exactly what they are doing. More cars and more drivers - equals more input, more data, more experience. As has been said before, Hyundai has their own way of doing things. I think entering more cars makes perfect sense, if only they can afford it. And it's good for everyone - lot's drivers got seat. And, if you ask me, signing Paddon is a very smart move

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    5 drivers for Hyundai. How are they going to manage that?
    Yes I quite don't know how M-Sport manage multiple entries either...

Liked 11,211 Times in 4,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    You are wrong. Paddon is a perpetual winner. A trait not evident in any current drivers except Ogier. This is a smart decision and well deserved.
    I'm repeating myself BUT Paddon has not defeated any big guy yet in any championship with any car. To call him next Ogier is way too exaggerated at least for now.
    Nonsense. I'll repeat myself too.

On debut, in a WRC team, Paddon's credentials will surpass (means be better than) the credentials of both Loeb & Ogier at the time of their debuts.
    I'm not suggesting Paddon will be the next Ogier. With the right support I'd aim one higher!

Many of you forget the very privileged introduction the Seb's had into the WRC. With the same level of support, others could achieve equally. There is no one more qualified than Paddon to do so.
    So tell me, which big boys has Paddon defeated? Where and when? Which international championship he won?

Sordo reached 37 podiums and 137 stage wins in WRC events and You tell me Paddon will beat him easily? Come on...

I like that guy, he is driving well but he is sooo much overrated by some of You guys that it is quite annoying (same goes to Breen). He may become champion one day, why not, but he has not reached the level yet.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 856 Times in 395 Posts

I'm glad for Paddon for his chance, even if I would have preferred to see Bouffier on it...
    Btw could someone explain me how the Hyundai's line up will work then? I understood it like
    1st car - Neuville for all rounds
    2nd car - one between Sordo, Hanninen or Atkinson (with Hanninen in the third car in Portugal)
    3rd car - Paddon for all rounds starting from Sardinia
    is this correct? or there will be actually 3 Hyundai's works car + Paddon's Hyundai NZ car in most of rounds?