Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

Re: Goodbye and thanks Mr Webber!

I will miss him even moore after this race.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

The race was such typical Webber, really bad start, some great overtaking moves (one on Hamilton and two on Alonso nonetheless) and some great fast laps with the fastest lap, but unable to match or beat Vettel.

He went out in style, and in form. Unlike say Barrichello who never accepted when the time had come, or many others (DC etc) who crashed in their last race.

And let's not forget that he was *this* close to being WDC in 2010 and was ahead of Vettel for nearly all of the season. Alas...

He won't be remembered as one of the F1's greatest, but he certainly was a great driver who achieved more than most. His sense of humour and "straight" talk made him a very popular character in the paddock and among the fans, and he will surely be missed. Well done Mark, and good luck.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

I never really warmed to this guy (you can say most Aussies in sport apart from Warnie and Gilchrist) but I must say he was a tough, honest and talented racing driver. Perhaps could have won more in a different era/team. Still a good F1 career even though it took a while to get going.

Horner could have curbed his lovefest with Vettel a bit at the end and perhaps given Mark a better send-off?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gonna miss him. Looking forward to following him next year tho

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    I never really warmed to this guy (you can say most Aussies in sport apart from Warnie and Gilchrist) but I must say he was a tough, honest and talented racing driver. Perhaps could have won more in a different era/team. Still a good F1 career even though it took a while to get going.

Horner could have curbed his lovefest with Vettel a bit at the end and perhaps given Mark a better send-off?
    I think Horner's behaviour at the end highlighted perfectly why Mark made his decision and I'm glad it ended that way.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm now starting to feel old. Mark is only a year older than I am and I was right there, at his first GP in Melbourne when he finished fifth in the Minardi and the partisan Aussie's almost dragged him to the podium. It was a great moment though, it doesn't seem almost 12 years ago, but sadly it is.

He is a good, ordinary bloke and his sound-bites will be missed from F1.
    Real Race Cars Dont Have Doors....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm

I think Horner's behaviour at the end highlighted perfectly why Mark made his decision and I'm glad it ended that way.
    Yes, I thought the same but then Mark is the last of the "non" Red Bull drivers in the Red Bull team if that makes sense. That said, I'm sure it will be no different next year.
    Real Race Cars Dont Have Doors....

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Ahhhhhh, wind in the hair At least he has hair. If it had been me it would have been wind on the ever expanding bald spot
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Get Clarkson in the second seat at RB! I want to see how mashed up his face would look driving that with no helmet