Page 1451 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 451951135114011441144914501451145214531461 ... LastLast
Results 14,501 to 14,510 of 14986
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Re: [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Right. I wasn't able to follow the sport around that time as I didn't have an internext connection at the time, so I missed it.

Still, I wonder if they have any plans to continue in 2014 - and if they would consider expanding to a second car for Kubica. I think that would be best for him. He has something of a settling-in period when he gets a new car, which I think would be a liability to a works team. Give him 2014 in a customer car, with a view to a works drive in 2015.

Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts

I don't think Kubica would want to drive a customer car since most probably he has 2 offers for next year: Citroen and M-Sport.
    On the other hand we don't know if Robert will drive in WRC next year, in the last 12 minute interview for TVP he seemed kind of dissapointed with Baran decision. Robert thought that Baran would be with him for 3 years (supposedly they both agree on that). Now it would be work all over again with new pilot. He also said that maybe it will be rallying on lower level (ERC? WRC2 again?). Also in other interview he said that chances to return to track racing have risen lately (but not in cars with roofs).
    So it may be WRC, ERC rallying or racing. But it's only 1-2 weeks to make a decision on WRC. Let's just wait and see, I personally would like to see him in WRC assuming that he can't go back to F1.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts

Lost for words.

The FIA have to fine ($$$,$$$) SIT and drop the contract.

They have NO Excuse for issues from round 1 in Monte Carlo to round 13 in GB!

Issues Issues Issues.

They are a JOKE.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111489
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 669 Times in 322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    Lost for words.

The FIA have to fine ($$$,$$$) SIT and drop the contract.

They have NO Excuse for issues from round 1 in Monte Carlo to round 13 in GB!

Issues Issues Issues.

They are a JOKE.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111489
    To be fair to them, if this is true, then Rally GB have been pretty bad at blaming them for the National Event problems.

There were heaps of problems across the board at Rally GB - not related to timing issues - and they're probably trying to divert attention away from this. Do a search of twitter / FB etc and you'll see that many aspects of this event were an absolute shambles.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

The Monte Carlo issue was understandable, and even something that should have been anticipated - you're always going to have teething problems when you switch a supplier like that. The idea is to minimise the impact of these changes as much as possible.

The Rally GB issue, on the other hand, sounds a little more suspect. For a system like stage timing, you would expect it to be on a closed network. Even if your ability to send stage times out is interrupted, it should not impact upon your ability to actually record the times - especially since we're talking about a sensitive network of timing beacons spread over a wide, isolated region - exactly the sort of thing that would be vulnerable to a lack of reception.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    The idea is to minimise the impact of these changes as much as possible.
    The best to have done that would been to never change supplier from the one with which the WRC had no problems in 10 years of use. It was a stupid decision to change supplier

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts

Liked 3,809 Times in 1,691 Posts

[quote=Jack4688`]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Prisoner Monkeys":323hbgk7
    The idea is to minimise the impact of these changes as much as possible.
    The best to have done that would been to never change supplier from the one with which the WRC had no problems in 10 years of use. It was a stupid decision to change supplier[/quote:323hbgk7]

I think lot of people around WRC will not agree with you. There were certain reasons to switch this results supllier...