Page 1445 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 4459451345139514351443144414451446144714551495 ... LastLast
Results 14,441 to 14,450 of 14986
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

Re: [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Matton: Seb the Third can make the grade - http://www.maxrally.com/2013/11/17/matt ... -the-grade

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Liked 360 Times in 214 Posts

Sordo has been given two options for 2014:

Citroen or Hyundai
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danon
    Matton: Citroen approach 'different' for 2014 - http://www.crash.net/wrc/news/198264/1/ ... _2014.html
    That sounds like Meeke and Kubica to me.

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts

Could well be.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts

On Thursday after Llandegla I visited the service park to see the position selection event (interesting couple of hours). Wandering around the non WRC areas I caught sight of a well-known guy in a red jacket talking to Yazeed Al Rahji in the latter's service bay marquee. Now does anyone think that while Citroen WRC are Abu Dhabi sponsored, that Citroen / Peugeot R5 may well end up in Saudi green? Or was the Yaz looking to step up to the big stage?
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    On Thursday after Llandegla I visited the service park to see the position selection event (interesting couple of hours). Wandering around the non WRC areas I caught sight of a well-known guy in a red jacket talking to Yazeed Al Rahji in the latter's service bay marquee. Now does anyone think that while Citroen WRC are Abu Dhabi sponsored, that Citroen / Peugeot R5 may well end up in Saudi green? Or was the Yaz looking to step up to the big stage?
    haha come on, the rally guys are all together for a week, it is normal that somebody stops for a chat with somebody else

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

Citroen is supposed to have the support of Abu Dhabi next year, Matton said clearly they will have an extra car for Qassimi in selected events, so I don't think so.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    haha come on, the rally guys are all together for a week, it is normal that somebody stops for a chat with somebody else

This was not stopping to have a chat... the marquee was nowhere on the routes Matton would ordinarily have been taking. I'm not a lip reader but this was definitely discussion, not just a 'chat'. Now whether anything significant occurs I couldn't predict, but if Citroen are committed to just a 2+1 effort for the Abu Dhabi team next season then if a certain customer is prepared to take a package that won't require factory support then there may be a deal to be done. I'd say R5 / RRC is most probable if I were a betting man!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 670 Times in 323 Posts

Yazeed's car is run by MyRacing.

Guess who the owner of that team is? That's right - Yves Matton!!

Nothing to see here, move along.