Page 118 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1241
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh
    I donīt think they can do this (from logical point of view, I know once the papers were signed...damn). Logically if car is yours, cam is yours and moreover roads are public then it is equal to forbid spectators to publish their videos.
    If you'd get your hands on the video contract you have to sign, then you pretty much understand that all the WRC videos from fans are pretty much illegal.

To be honest, I don't see a reason to get so p*ssed off at this because it has been a very long practice in the WRC
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh
    I donīt think they can do this (from logical point of view, I know once the papers were signed...damn). Logically if car is yours, cam is yours and moreover roads are public then it is equal to forbid spectators to publish their videos.
    It's a simple procedure. Your onboard camera must be found OK by scrutineering (you must prove it has a strong support etc). Also there must be a sticker on the camera. Only if the sticker is on, the camera is allowed. They can check it at the start/finish of stages, or in regroups (not sure if they check on it). In order to get the sticker, you must send a demand for permission to use a camera more than one week before start of recce, where you must mention what the use of footage is for. If the promotor finds it OK, then you receive your papers you have to sign before you receive the sticker. On the papers it's clear, no publishing, only for private purposes. There is no correct way to go around it.

Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky
    If you'd get your hands on the video contract you have to sign, then you pretty much understand that all the WRC videos from fans are pretty much illegal.
    That's usually expressed that way but I seriously doubt the promoter could win a litigation in case it goes that far. A rally event is not held in a closed area where You can define such rules. Of course it depends on the law in every particular country but still it's more a dog barking than anything else in my opinion. For example I think that in France it is illegal even to take entry fee (I think it's technically illegal here too - or better to say it's spectator's will to pay and no legal obligation). Moreover there is no publicly visible information for spectators that they can't take videos or photos like it is common in case of concerts, theaters etc.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts

To be honest, I don't see a reason to get so p*ssed off at this because it has been a very long practice in the WRC
    It reminds me that well-known joke: "Donīt let your children share their toys with other children. Sharing is piracy and piracy is crime."
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    That's usually expressed that way but I seriously doubt the promoter could win a litigation in case it goes that far. A rally event is not held in a closed area where You can define such rules. Of course it depends on the law in every particular country but still it's more a dog barking than anything else in my opinion. For example I think that in France it is illegal even to take entry fee (I think it's technically illegal here too - or better to say it's spectator's will to pay and no legal obligation). Moreover there is no publicly visible information for spectators that they can't take videos or photos like it is common in case of concerts, theaters etc.
    I think that they haven't got that far purely because of the impossibility to control that people don't take pictures or film. Especially nowadays when majority of phones are capable of doing both with reasonable quality.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 165 Times in 75 Posts
    Novikov's mistake on SS2. Jumping everywhere. And small mistakes.
    KKSF HD video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMQEY6Gv48k

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Nice for comparison. Pay attention to Meeke, Neuville, Ogier:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnnBiQz9dVU
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKSF
    Novikov's mistake on SS2. Jumping everywhere. And small mistakes.
    KKSF HD video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMQEY6Gv48k
    finally a video that has Lukyanuk.Bravo.

ps Lukyanuk was equipped with Pirellis...

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I think that they haven't got that far purely because of the impossibility to control that people don't take pictures or film. Especially nowadays when majority of phones are capable of doing both with reasonable quality.
    They let it be and use videos from crashes for example, from youtube, as "amateur footage". I don't believe the promotor would win anything by getting all rallyvideos offline. People who put their video online have nothing to fear... But I'm not sure about people who are youtube-partner (making money from ads on youtube) or people who sell their own Dvd's, that could be a completely different story...

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts