Page 115 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1241
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi!
    My full review of the rally it's online!
    youtu.be/ 4NB5VuT8f6A

I hope that you like!!

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    What evidence do you have for taking such a stance? Don't you believe VW have done enough testing in the last year to fine tune their tarmac suspension. Do you think Mads has suddenly got much better on tarmac when that is a part of JML's game that was very much improved last year. Remember there are no rocks on the Mosel valley roads. - just the hinkelsteins on the 'platte . Despite TN's form if the VW guys don't make mistakes it's a 1-2 for VW (home rally so I'm sure there will be a 'special' effort)
    "No rocks". But crazy cutting is punished everywhere... Mostly the same drivers who are "lucky" or "unlucky". Both Latvala and Mikkelsen are mostly at the "unlucky" ones when it comes to punctures. I'm sure there is a 'special' effort for all events by the way. But still, if anyone beats VW's number 1 and 2, it will be Sordo (if he finds some magic) or Neuville I think. Ostberg his pace and driving lines/braking etc in Alsace last year were great, maybe he can surprise as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasS
    I expect they left it there as some sort of philosophical science experiment into cause and consequence...
    Do you happen to have nightmares about stones?

Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Do you happen to have nightmares about stones?
    Regarding this situation with the stone, I to agree it is a part of rallying.
    However I also believe that the incident involving Meeke and Novikov is also a part of rallying. If this incident occurred in a standard everyday rally, the time would not have been reinstated.
    However I thought a penalty to Novikov for not pulling over for a following car (which is something that is taught when first starting rallying and something he should have done) should have been a better solution to the issue.

I do very much feel sorry for Meeke and he was rightly pissed off but, Remember this is rallying, same with hitting an animal etc. IMO
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

What I commented on had nothing to do with the Novikov-Meeke incident. And by the way, it turned out as an advantage for Meeke...

Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    What I commented on had nothing to do with the Novikov-Meeke incident. And by the way, it turned out as an advantage for Meeke...
    Haha Yeah sorry, was not directed at you. I was just relating it to the "it's a part of rallying," Line to which the stone incident was discussed And yes, that is exactly my point.
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
    Onboard with Kubica off into the forest :
    Robert Kubica - onboard and great save WRC Finland 2013 - YouTube

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasS
    I expect they left it there as some sort of philosophical science experiment into cause and consequence...
    Are there any onboard video or other of the Östberg rock?

It's very possible that the rock was pulled up by the previous crew and the thrown away by Östberg, that's why no further comments on it.

Sure the whole road condition question became all talked about for the most of the rally, but was it really thaaaat much worse than in previous years, I don't know. The small roads always get heavily rutted in Finland, as they did this year too. Maybe it was little bit more than usual, but still - not really. More rain this summer to soften the roads? I don't think so. How was it in 2007 when some roads in Central Finland (not stages) were washed away by the heavy rains just week before the rally? I visited service park in Friday evening and asked all the WRC/WRC2 drivers I saw about the situation and they were 50/50 about it, though the general consensus was that small roads got into bad condition.

Of course, if there's a big rock on the road and we see it, and it's possible to go and kick it away, we do it. But drivers shouldn't count on it, like someone here already said, not every meter of the stages can be monitored during the passes for rocks. That's rallying ;-)
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    Are there any onboard video or other of the Östberg rock?

It's very possible that the rock was pulled up by the previous crew and the thrown away by Östberg, that's why no further comments on it.

Sure the whole road condition question became all talked about for the most of the rally, but was it really thaaaat much worse than in previous years, I don't know. The small roads always get heavily rutted in Finland, as they did this year too. Maybe it was little bit more than usual, but still - not really. More rain this summer to soften the roads? I don't think so. How was it in 2007 when some roads in Central Finland (not stages) were washed away by the heavy rains just week before the rally? I visited service park in Friday evening and asked all the WRC/WRC2 drivers I saw about the situation and they were 50/50 about it, though the general consensus was that small roads got into bad condition.

Of course, if there's a big rock on the road and we see it, and it's possible to go and kick it away, we do it. But drivers shouldn't count on it, like someone here already said, not every meter of the stages can be monitored during the passes for rocks. That's rallying ;-)
    "Thats rallying" that explains everything and nothing...

But sure I agree and I did already say that you have to take your chances in an earlier post.

The point and maybe the question is why would you knowingly watch a car drive over a large rock in the racing line when presumably , for example , you'd remove a wheel that had fallen off a car or a piece of body work out of the racing line. You just wouldn't leave it there for a car to run over surely?

And before someone says your not allowed to intervene Id just say all the footage I've seen of shirtless buffoons rushing in fearlessly out of the under growth to help a crew out of a ditch or a crash makes a mockery of that.

@Thomas, what are you trying to reach with this repetitive complaining? Things like this happened, happen, and will happen again, with or without spectators. On tarmac rallies in corners with cuts dirt gets on the road and drivers can crash there too. Are the spectators responsible for removing that too? How about a patch of ice in Monte Carlo? Where do you draw the line?