Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I deal with far worse on other forums most days. It doesn't bother me tbh.

Personally I don't think you're "sorry", you just like to make a lot of noise and shout your opinion out. If that involves others leaving then I somehow doubt that bothers you one bit.

I think this thread is a great indication of the harm you do to this forum with your attitude and the fact that you don't have the forums needs at heart, Mark quite rightly said that people need to stop with name calling and rather than simply say "OK Mark", you come out and say that you'll do it, but only if he bans the trolls. So basically you'll play nicely, but only if Mark removes the people you perceive to be trolls. It may be hypocrisy to point this out because I don't always behave myself, but surely we should all endeavour to behave ourselves regardless of whether we like other people or think that they're trolls.
    Sorry, Daniel, but Mark & Knock-On never did any harm to this forum. KnO is one of the members I value the most. Knock-on, Henners and SGWilco - we often disagree - but they are three members I know I can lock horns with without anyone resorting to foul language.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Good call. To make this work we all need to do it though, +1.. I'm in!
    way ahead of you guys, that "poster"has been on my IList for a while now
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Good call. To make this work we all need to do it though, +1.. I'm in!
    I think most of us should have him on ignore by now...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Sorry, Daniel, but Mark & Knock-On never did any harm to this forum. KnO is one of the members I value the most. Knock-on, Henners and SGWilco - we often disagree - but they are three members I know I can lock horns with without anyone resorting to foul language.
    Where did this Daniel poster ever say mark did something to harm the forum? He was referring to knock-on's oh-so-predictable veiled threat. If the mods here were fair and impartial, you and Knock-on would have been on a long vacation by now. That's one of the underlying "issues" here as well.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    @ Baggy's first post.

That wasn't what I wrote at all but thanks for misquoting me

If you genuinely think my feedback to Mark suggests I was ignoring what he asked, then I politely ask you to reread my post.
    I've read it , Knock , and you saying no is how it reads to me .
    In fact , it really doesn't seem to leave any room for misinterpretation at all . It seems rather clear .

It all breaks into friggin war all the time if someone doesn't stop .

Our friend who owns this forum has asked us to be a little more respectful towards other posters .
    I would very politely ask that you please re-read his post .

As for the ignore button , I would never use nor suggest it's use , unless one absolutely cannot control oneself .
    And , I mean that , in the kindest way .
    What I mean to say is that , frankly , some of the most opinionated , and hard-a$$ed obnoxious of the posters that have swung through here over the years have come with some great insight , and , at times technical expertise , and I wouldn't have wanted to miss a single post , despite things getting a bit rough now and then .

And , that's where this comes back around to you , Knock .

The banter can be fun , and maybe that's what you were trying to say initially .
    But the point is that we need to settle it down a little .

Dad's getting testy having to watch the sandbox so closely all the time .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. I said I was not responding to this poster.

2. I said if people troll on here, people naturally respond.

3. I made a flippant comment about comments made recently about the forum being a bit quied and posted a and to point out I was being humorous a out it.

If you choose to interpret my post in any other way than I have clarified then that's your choice. People on this thread have claimed I am some sort of bully responsible for forcing them off on here. I wholly refute this and ask them to point out posts where I have but won't hold my breath. However, I expect half the problem is when people purposely misinterpret a post and then when the originator reclarifies the meaning, they refuse to accept this at face value and carry on with their claims.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback.

Vhatever, I have to say that your post in this very thread is one of the best I have seen from you. I can actually answer to it as it doesn't contain overly aggressive wording. But what I have to tell (and not only to you, but others as well) is that the truth is relative. By this I mean every person has their own interpretation about 'truth'. Our everyday lives are different, our life experience has been different, we are all from different cultures as well. Life has taught all of us in a different way. So the best we can do is to try to understand others. If we travel to a foreign country, we can certainly recognize a different mindset about some things. Well, this is natural, it is good - a different perspective and nothing to be critical about.

Furthermore a lot depends, how well do we get the point across. If you wanted to make a claim about Benetton's LC/TC, then you can concentrate specifically about that point only and leave out British media, because the latter doesn't mean anything in this context. In fact, it doesn't add to the argument. If you'd like to discuss about the impartiality of media, you can create a separate thread about it. But then we need to be careful not to get lost there, because media can be impartial anywhere in the world and many people can find examples of that.

Knock-On. I have to admit you have been prone to forgetting to concentrate about the point we are discussing about, and you start making comments about the posters in question instead. You want an example. I can just randomly find and give you one, For example from the Vettel thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I love you man. You must really love this stupidity to keep coming back and behaving like this. Please don't get banned again too soon as you crack me up.
    An example of making a personal attack/comment and saying things, which do not matter at all in the context of discussion. If anything, it bites the other person to actually reply, because he as a person is under discussion.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I have to add that I think a few are missing a very important point here. This isn't a new problem and the individual in question is someone who has been posting for the past 8 years. Those of us who have clashed with him lately have experience of dealing with him for many years now. They have been banned more times than any of us and this has also occurred on other motorsport forums I can tell you. I've experienced threats via PM and in one bizarre case they joined another forum under the username 'henners88'. The intent there was to become racist and abusive to other members with what I can only presume was a case of hoping to give a negative impression to anybody who recognised my username from here. I have a list as long as my arm regarding some of the nasty experiences concerning this person and have been pursued. I don't believe they come here purely to discuss F1 and feel it has somehow become a hobby to join under random usernames and seek reactions from posters they are familiar with. They asked Mark to remove their original profile from the forum back in 2010, and since then have come back with more profiles than I can count on my hands. That is the real issue here. I'm sure this thread offers much enjoyment to them too knowing they have stirred things up.

It goes far beyond having a heated disagreement of a forum for goodness sake. Technical input is very welcome and if it far outweighed the negativity, I'm sure most of us could look past it. As Dj said earlier, some of us often disagree with each other and it gets heated from time to time, but I fully respect them and their opinion. Isn't that what a forum is all about? If we all agreed all the time it would be very very boring. Unfortunately you get some who take it too far and get far too personal about it. This is supposed to be an enjoyable pass time and for the most part it is.

I feel I have tackled the problem in my own way now in the form of the ignore function. It is there for a reason and I don't feel there is any shame in using it. If this person is then banned yet again, I will use the function as soon as I recognise their new name. Glad to see others are taking a stand too. It makes the whole experience far more positive.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    The biggest problem here isn't the return of the banned member as many pointed out, it's the attitude of a 5/6 members who are posting personal comments/insults in almost every threads. Now if those members had read at list once, my sticky thread on top page, we wouldn't have had all these issues and this thread wouldn't even exist. So how we going to solve this ? easy, either you guys change your attitude or I will start to give 3 infractions points for every off-topic post with personal comments. And once again remember that, none forces you to read, and reply to each thread/post, posted in here.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Absolutely well said Mark.

Far too many threads are being spoilt at the moment by a very small minority of people who are trolling, looking for attention, and it is the usual suspects as always.

You would get a lot more involvement and grow the community more if these trolls were removed permanently from the forum. Difficult I know, but thats my two-pennysworth.

I frequently disagree with BDunnell over on the Chit Chat forum but I highly respect him as you can't argue with his backed-up opinions. Those are the type of debates I like to be involved with. The ones on the F1 forum descend rapidly into farce sadly, sometimes when they have started off strongly which is a real shame.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso