Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    30km/h?..
    R.I.P. Laber..

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Had another event at the weekend at a really small venue. No one really likes the course but it's hard to find new places to hold hillclimbs so this will have to do. The rain didn't help and everything was very slippery, as can be seen on this video

[youtube]MdXYv-uZzBQ[/youtube]

It's probably my most embarrassing 'accident' since I started competing. It hadn't been raining long and I convinced myself that the track would still be quite dry, especially as other cars had been going up, but at the first corner the car just decided to head straight on. Luckily I wasn't the only one to go off there and I was even luckier not to hit anything, most of the car is only glass fibre but I'd prefer not to repair it!
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Some more photos from Belgium. This time from the most beautiful track in Belgium in my opinion, and also one of the best organised events in the country. The track has a diverse scenery with forested areas but also open parts. There is also a nice mix of slow and fast corners. The paddock is right in the village which is quite nice.

Under a nice summer sky that wasn't too hot a lot of beautiful cars were at the start.

Belgian Champion Jelle de Coninck drove amazingly in his Norma M20F sportscar but in the end Guy Demuth from Luxembourg used the extra power in his Osella FA30 to power to victory and a trackrecord.

My photos can be viewed at my website www.hillclimbportal.com

Guy Demuth

Stephane Emond (BMW M3), second touringcar. You can just see the first half of the course in the valley below.

Quintin Collignon (Citroën C2R2)

Thanks for watching

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not a topic, but I'd like to introduce Merli's daughter to you. She's really really cute! hehe

Skip to 1:20s.
    w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=CGndYy88GC4

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    This weekend I travelled to France for the Vuillafans Hillclimb. It is located in the Jura mountains just north of Switzerland. Vuillafans itself is a small town in the valley of the Loue river, which is considered one of the most beautiful parts of France. Although French people claim that about every part of their country ( ) the Loue River Valley is really exceptional. The mountain sides are 400 metres high and go almost straight up. This allows for exceptional vistas over the surrounding area. My pictures were taken at the top spectator area and you can see part of the pit area. That must have been 1500m away at the very least!

If there is one drawback it must have been the weather. The valley is either sheltered from the wind, or full in the wind. This weekend there was no wind and it became really really hot... I saw too much gross naked man flesh in colors that can best be described as 'skincancer'.

All things considered, I would definately recommend this race to everyone!

My photos can be seen on www.hillclimbportal.com

Thanks for watching!

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    That's quite a hill to climb Wind? I like wind, I'm born in winds People from other part of our country like to joke with us that we're somewhat "windy" people .

Anyway, beatiful pictures and place indeed. Thanks for sharing this.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 3,306 Times in 1,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    I saw too much gross naked man flesh in colors that can best be described as 'skincancer'.
    I think it is acceptable provided that naked women flesh is present as well

I've just had a look at your photos and think they are great. I have one question. What car is it?

http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    Vuillafans, one the best french hill climb

@Jarek : this car is a Simca CG Turbo. It was used a lot in small rallies and hillclimb. Now it's quite rare.
    This is the one used by Yannick Poinsignon. THe car is super fast, and is fighting for 2WD title.

@Lousada : what was your feeling about cars, drivers, ... ?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    What a fantastic looking venue, I wish we had hillclimbs like that in the UK
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.