Page 1355 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 35585512551305134513531354135513561357136514051455 ... LastLast
Results 13,541 to 13,550 of 14986
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Juho Hanninen linked to Citroen drive for Rally Finland - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Hanninen would seem a sensible choice. I don't understand why everybody keeps getting back to Atkinson, he has had some opportunities the last few months but didn't really impress.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 1,517 Times in 867 Posts
    what i ment to say was they were more exciting to watch and i now see they won't be comming back to it with all the financial trouble...
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli
    what i ment to say was they were more exciting to watch and i now see they won't be comming back to it with all the financial trouble...
    For me the current WRC cars are more exciting than the last 5-6 years of 2L WRCars, although not as exiting as the early WRCars. Anyway it seems that no homologation of updated cars will take place next year as we expected from the 3-year homologation window:
    Volkswagen agrees to freeze development of WRC car - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com

if they would change the homoglation of the cars the sport will fall apart, they are in a very hard situation

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    You bring an interesting point there. I've noticed some people I know have stopped spectating in World Rally's when the 2.0l WRC were banned, they say the current cars are far less enjoyable to watch. I dont agree with that, in fact I think 1.6L WRC cars hold a certain appeal the old ones didn't. However with recent discussions about R5 moving to top category I'm afraid it will throw more people off the sport than in. For me it's no big deal, I even enjoy watching an simple Saxo if properly driven.

Liked 11,208 Times in 4,448 Posts
    I agree with makinen_fan. First 2.0 WRC cars used to be crazy spectacular but those times are long over especially due to the suspension development. For me the last of those was the S12 being the only one among boring new generation of cars, especially Focus WRC 06-09 is for me the most boring WRC car ever.

About the 1.6T WRC cars I would say I like them a lot on gravel or snow but on asphalt it's worse, there I prefer even S2000 cars. Anyway the spectator's view is only one part of the story...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

i would like the cars to be more group b like that's all and if they can do it without pulling out of the sport it would be nice

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan
    For me the current WRC cars are more exciting than the last 5-6 years of 2L WRCars, although not as exiting as the early WRCars. Anyway it seems that no homologation of updated cars will take place next year as we expected from the 3-year homologation window:
    Volkswagen agrees to freeze development of WRC car - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com
    Completely agree. Small cars appears to be more agile with 1.6l turbo than mid class 2.0l turbo
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 11,208 Times in 4,448 Posts
    i would like the cars to be more group b like that's all and if they can do it without pulling out of the sport it would be nice
    What do You mean by "more gr.B"?

Do You mean to have so free rules? Imagine that now even stupid R3 car would do same asphalt stage faster than those gr.B supercars thirty years a go. The difference is mostly in cornering speed due to suspension and tyre development, much better brakes etc. With same free rules modern gr.B cars would be incredibly dangerous because they would be way way faster even with same power. Not speaking about development and production cost at all...

Or do You mean cars which were spectacular mostly because of their terrible handling and suspension? That was indeed spectacular but You can't go back in time and bring thirty years old dampers, brakes, engines with huge slow accelerating turbos and other ancient stuff to modern sport. Those days can never return because the development moved on.

The gr.B era was and will stay forever a fascinating times of our sport but it ended tragically like it one day had to. Let's not forget that. Our sport is dangerous enough even with the "boring shopping bags".
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Or do You mean cars which were spectacular mostly because of their terrible handling and suspension? .
    I would love to see those terrible suspensions being used again in the top of the sport and have the best drivers to take those cars to the limit.
    What is more exciting to watch?
    a) a Celica Gr A or Delta Intergrale driven to the limit and bouncing around and you can tell that in the next couple of bump the car will leave the road
    b) or todays cars with the out-of-this-world suspension making everything appear so effortless and under control?

For me is the first, but unfortunately as Mirek says, we cant turn the clock back in technology development