Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    A lot of folks diss JV , for having won his only title in a great car .

But then , you are only offered a great car if you're good enough , and he was .

He left Williams when they gave the WDC a crap car .

He never had a car that wasn't crap after that .

So , I guess you can either diss him , or realize he actually made the most of what he was given , as he was given crap for all the rest of the time he was in F1 .

Also many fail to realize that he has almost won many times on road courses in Nascar.. It is a shame he had no permanent ride in Nascar. He is quite accomplished and like it or not he will be around for a while longer. I suspect he will do the road courses again in Nascar and he is great to watch. He is also driving a Ferrari in the French GT series but I can't find
    any results. If you are given a great car you still have to drive it. He did !!!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very cool interview between JV and Damon Hill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUU8...e_gdata_player
    Lol come off it Dj Byte. As someone said, you're displaying the same qualities you claim JV to have.
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Not counting the fact that the bald headed idiot never said anything worth agreeing with... Opinionated he might be, so are Sterling Moss and the Scottish Lady - what's her name - yeah - Jackie Steward. But in contrast to NewHouse they actually achieved something in F1 other than walk the field in a ridiculously superior car. Seriously nobodyx ever taught him to STFU.
    Villeneuve translates as Newtown not Newhouse.

As for Jacques, this is a very good article about him:
    http://www.f1rejects.com/centrale/villeneuve/

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    With JV it is important to separate the personality, fair game for criticism, from his actual driving record, much harder to disparage. He won races in too many series, Atlantic, CART, F1 for it to be simply the best car. He came within a whisker of equaling G. Baghetti's feat of winner first time out. He still shares some rookie records with L Hamilton.
    The whole idea is for drivers to get themselves into the beast equipment, even JMF and Mario Andretti worked on this ( I am not for a minute suggesting JV is in that class, just pointing out the obvious).
    As a one time WC it is not fair to suggest it was all due to a vastly superior car. The same could be said for others, Denny Hulme comes to mind, but seldom is.
    He is certainly competitive in NASCAR Nationwide and has led many laps at the Montreal circuit; the last time I watched he was unceremoniously punted off the track on the last restart. These things happen in NASCAR, but Roger Penske would be unlikely to hire him for the ride were he not sure of his abilities.
    So take whatever he said with a grain of salt, or ignore it completely.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D28
    He won races in too many series, Atlantic, CART, F1 for it to be simply the best car.
    Penske cleaned up CART in 1994. JV made a name for himself by mixing it up and getting a win that year.

[youtube]DO05KVS53uo[/youtube]