Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
Yes the Golf is from E1. Also the Touringcars in the video I posted are E1 or comparable. The safety aspect is a bit weird considering they let F3000 and sportscars on the same track. I'd assume a steel shell touring cars would be safer and slower. But trying to understand what the suits in the fedaration think is impossible.

I have plotted the locations of the Hillclimbs on a map.
European Hillclimbs
French Hillclimbs
You should be able to zoom and scroll those maps.

In Belgium there are two 'divisions' in Hillclimb. The national championship (RACB) is for the more serious drivers and the ASAF is for the hobby drivers. A bit like the Championnat de France vs. Coupe de France.
Nice and usefull website !
Well Bomérée isn't so far ... but it's the same week as Rally Germany I think ><

When I was a child there was a illclimb race not so far from my parents house. Maybe 30 minutes ... it was the first motorsport race I saw. Alpine A310, proto with bikes engine, some F3 and some bigger proto ... it was really nice !

Now in my region (Picardie) there's only one small race without big level and it's the same in Normandy or in the other part of France. Unfortunately last year I couldn't go to the Finale of the Coupe de France, which was run in Cassel (Nord).