Page 1277 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 27777711771227126712751276127712781279128713271377 ... LastLast
Results 12,761 to 12,770 of 14986
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Half
    Tanak just isn't fast enough, [...]
    Compared to who?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Tanak just isn't fast enough, never understood why people rate him so highly. Bit like Wilson in many respects, spectacular to watch, just not on the pace.
    Go to WRC.com and look at stage times in Finland 2011.
    Then compare MW with Tanak.
    You will maybe not change your mind, but you would maybe understand why at least I think he is a hell of a driver.
    You would also note what kind of car he drives.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 2
    Go to WRC.com and look at stage times in Finland 2011.
    Then compare MW with Tanak.
    You will maybe not change your mind, but you would maybe understand why at least I think he is a hell of a driver.
    You would also note what kind of car he drives.
    The problem seemed he was caught between consistency and speed demands - in S2000 no one was quicker and he even outpaced WRC cars. I still want to know what was communicated to him as the expectation that he failed to deliver on.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    I still want to know what was communicated to him as the expectation that he failed to deliver on.
    Finish more Rallies I guess. But I think in general that it is too much to ask for his first WRC season outing.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    The problem seemed he was caught between consistency and speed demands - in S2000 no one was quicker and he even outpaced WRC cars. I still want to know what was communicated to him as the expectation that he failed to deliver on.
    I would say that this proves how difficult it is to establish even a seemingly talented driver among the 4-5 best. Most often the problem is between the steering wheel and the seat, but often think he who is there, the problem is the car, or something with the car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i compared tanak to neuville whole season, and tanak is beaten, badly. i dont think it is all his fault. i think it is partly m-sport, partly mind his mind setter; martin. he is quick tho, very quick. he deserves more wrc seasons. but still not too late to become a ERC champion.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv
    Finish more Rallies I guess. But I think in general that it is too much to ask for his first WRC season outing.
    He should have been more consistant. He said that the first half of the season was a lot to take with the expectations and rally after rally, he was not really and got overwhelmed too easily, which led to stupid mistakes. The second half of the season was an improvement for Tänak, but it was too little too late. For many drivers having no testing before events is quite a disadvantage when compared to those that do get it.

Overall he blew his chance, very hard to get back now.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oyunbozan
    i compared tanak to neuville whole season, and tanak is beaten, badly. i dont think it is all his fault. i think it is partly m-sport, partly mind his mind setter; martin. he is quick tho, very quick. he deserves more wrc seasons. but still not too late to become a ERC champion.
    Well, say what you say but leave Märtin out of it because he's the whole reason Tänak had the chance to drive in WRC. It's Tänak's personality and lack of education (not in rallying) which is the key in his case.

Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts
    Tanak just isn't fast enough, never understood why people rate him so highly. Bit like Wilson in many respects, spectacular to watch, just not on the pace.
    The best joke of the week :-) LOL
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 43 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    The best joke of the week :-) LOL
    5+