Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    According to the radio it's a tree that has never been treated with any chemicals.
    By this rule the trees in most of the woods are organic, but the ratio is reversed in Christmas tree farms so they will be able to charge a hefty price for one.
    I was under the impression that, in order for something to be described as 'organic', it has to meet very specific criteria regarding its growing that go beyond a lack of chemicals being used. Certainly, in the UK, use of the term 'organic' is quite strictly governed by the Soil Association.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    I can understand consumers wanting organically produced food to avoid ingesting potentially harmful chemicals, but a Christmas tree…?
    I think the rationale is that organic growing is better for the natural environment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like my christmas tree medium well.
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I did a short stint as a tree planter once upon a time(1,200 a day , with a bucket a spade) , and it is typical for the planting crews , where they can do it easily , to give a quick , round the trunk spray of a weed killer , to give it a fighting chance to survive in the tall grass .
    I guess that would cancel any possibility of them being truly "organic" with the no chemical criterion .

But , my trees , planted by my next door neighbour , who , rather than have the chemicals put down , sat on a lawn mower , sliding adeptly between the wee white pines on about forty acres for at least the first five years of them being there , are absolutely organic in every sense .
    Cool , eh ?
    But , crazy , or what ?

Its really nice to buy Bio (Organic in the US) Christmas trees.All living things are made of organic material.The should be natural but if someone like to buy this then there should be no objection and its up to him/her.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    We usually get ours right out of the forest. Forestry Branch| Conservation and Water Stewardship | Province of Manitoba
    The extended family is around 20 people, and most of us usually make it out. We make a (half) day of it - first tromping around the forest until we find the tree(s) we like, then building a fire and making a wiener roast. Some of us have birthdays this time of year so sometimes it turns into a birthday party as well. It's one of my favorite things in the Christmas season.