Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    This is all very well, but in those past eras when a top name retired the depth of talent still present, or coming through and getting a chance at the top level, was surely much greater than is the case today.
    There remains an enormous depth of talent, which will only become apparent when those on the sliding slope move aside thereby permitting a chance of at the top level.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    There remains an enormous depth of talent, which will only become apparent when those on the sliding slope move aside thereby permitting a chance of at the top level.
    But fewer and fewer drivers of quality are today being presented with those opportunities — and there are fewer truly meaningful opportunities, too.

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    petter's popularity is MASSIVE

in less then 24 hours of his announcement 3 pages of this new head are up.

WRC NEEDS PETTER BACK...................... in action

my guess is he will be back in WRC with HYUNDAI M-SPORT may be or just HYUNDAI

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    From the ken Rees comment from above I bet petter will do european rallycross this year. There was a site awhile back saying M-sport were looking to enter rallycross so it would seem to make sense.

i wonder if there is more money in the sale & servicing of a rallycross car or a stage car? Block m-sport car seems pretty quick compared to the Olsberg fiestas.
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    I guess it is too late for a Dakar adventure for him this year. But to get training on asphalt, he should do GT/ endurance racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I too a gutted to hear this sad news, but to be honest we all knew it was coming.
    As for the possible PS link with M-sport before Christmas news.... perhaps that Pikes peak attempt will come about?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    I too a gutted to hear this sad news, but to be honest we all knew it was coming.
    As for the possible PS link with M-sport before Christmas news.... perhaps that Pikes peak attempt will come about?
    Pikes peak would be ok (kinda boring now that its all Tarmac) but they are changing rules some this year, in my opinion not for the better. There is a possibility Colorado will have a new (well we have run it for years in its short form) longer all dirt hill climb again, most likely 2014. I think that road is easily as fun if not more than pikes peak. Petter would be the perfect guy to bring that event some exposure.
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sad news. I've been rooting for him since the beginning. It has been hard seeing all the premature exits over the years, but even this year, he proved he still has it when things are going well. I sometimes think 'what if Loeb had never entered the WRC? Would Petter be a multiple time champion?' (well, maybe not with Subaru, with the plethora of mechanical failures they had near the end)

I too think this will be a McRae-style "retirement." I could see him back in some form in 2013, even if just for a couple of rallies. (come on, Petter, at least do Finland!)

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Unfortunate the way things turn out. He and his personality will be missed.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    He will end up in GRC (Global Rally Cross) , with a M-Sport Ford
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout: