Many thanks for your fascinating replies, Shirk and Zsolt.

The issue of live GP coverage in the 1960s and up until the late 1970s is an interesting one. In the UK, many people believe that nothing was shown until the BBC started its Grand Prix highlights show in 1978. However, they had actually done quite a few live races before that, mainly the 'glamour' races, as Murray Walker has put it, like Monaco and Monza (the earliest live BBC footage I've ever seen of a GP is Italy in 1967), but also of course the British GP. I believe the BBC also showed the German GP from the Nürburgring, at least on occasions, from 1969. Raymond Baxter was the main commentator in this period, but Murray Walker did some when Baxter couldn't, notably the 1969 Italian GP where he was almost overcome by the excitement of the finish, and confused Jochen Rindt's Lotus with Jean-Pierre Beltoise's Matra!

Clips of some of these races have obviously been shown in the past, but I find it really disappointing that most of the videos/DVDs of old Grands Prix are made up of film footage shot for the likes of Shell and Ferodo at the time, because the original TV coverage of some races is still out there.