Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JDPower
    Care to elaborate??? (is he in or not?)
    I get a feeling that it's a case of the two seater ride was a bit more "fierce" that he'd anticipated, but again, that's what I feel. I could be wrong.
    This kind of racing isn't everyone's cup of tea.

My comments were "that b* thing needs a silencer fitting to it". And I think it's a combination of the intense rollercoaster ride that is the two seater being driven at 9-9.5/10ths. Imagine sitting 12inches from the wall, with 120dB of knackered silencer'd two seater in your right earhole. It was mega mega loud, and every time Dunc came off the turn, he was what felt like 6 inches from the wall, and the reflected sound didn't do my 'tuned ears' a lot of good - and Shane being a musician, I bet his are better than mine - and a few years younger too.

Some of us were pretty well shaken by it, Duncan was doing his best to give us the full effect of what a stock car can do at full chat, and not being in control yourself, it affects some more than others. Being in the instructor trade like Duncan, you have to keep a cool head when alonside "terror billies" (like Duncan!!!!), and I think that helped me not get phased by it.

Yes, I did have that feeling of "We're gonna die" once or twice, but then it was "how do I shut the window and keep that noise out!".

What's a shame is that Shane didn't get to experience the totally different feeling from the pilot's "office", and I mean totally different, and totally enjoyable in the extreme.

The SCSA car was easier to drive around the oval at 38-39seconds than the Mini was at 100mph.

My gut feeling is that he would have been back for day 2 had we not suffered the delays on Friday afternoon which meant that I was the only one to get out on track, even if it was in my own car.

Dan - you'll do it, and I'm sure that James will do the same. When you come back, I'm sure you'll be totally focused on the job. As for using my car & gear, I'm glad to have been able to help.

Shane - if you read this. Come back, get back in a SCSA car and have a go, trust me, you WILL enjoy it, and I know you'll pass.

Rob.
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One person I haven't thanked publically for this is my wife, Suzanne, for (a) allowing me to harbour aspirations of doing it, and (b) for encouraging me to buy the car (which she probably regrets now as it mean's she'll have to wait until later this year before she get's the horse that she wants (donations in that area would be appreciated as it's probably going to cost as much as running the car for the season!!!))
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    donations in that area would be appreciated
    You're in a jam now. Best make sure the mesh on that net is small enough as it'll cost you a fiver towards the Marshals Fund AND a fiver towards Suzanne's horse for every jelly baby you don't catch in the net. To make it fairer can we recruit Suzanne to be in the Jelly Baby tossing team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rookie Traning

Hi all.The Rookies that were traning this week end was all of good standard. For the ones that passed well done, for the ones that did not then you are very close and you need to go again. You all are in a area were many will never be, so we are hopefully trying to arrange a test on thursday before the first weekend of racing. We will be in touch on sorting this out.
    James you must do it againg, you have got it and you will pass.
    Dan, again you have got it and now when you go again you will be there.You both will pass. and with being just three of you you will have abit more time and be more rekaxed and do it.
    Eric again you have been out and you will get it, you just need to listen and settle down, but in al you are in that groupe where some will never be , so look ahead and you will get your chance soon. We will be in touch you three and get you in and passed off.

All you guys that passed we hope you join us in this series and we are all here to help.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tser
    Good pictures.

So it seems the de-stickered #66 must now have a new owner, the orange car must be the one that got bent, three or so possible new drivers qualified and the #99 Fire car needs a new driver which must be a bit of a problem (even if he changes his mind again he's not licenced)?
    the destickered #66 car now belongs to duncan, the orange 59/95 car is now abit out of shape-nothing a little fibre glass wont mend, and shane lynch-shane lynch who's he?
    revolution racing #99 crew chief's side kick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well done to lthose that have passed the test and unlucky to those that havent better luck next time!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so is there another rookie test being set up before the season starts for those who didnt pass??

X

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    for a quick reply, Shane will not be driving with us now this year, a statement will be issued in due course but it is mutual and we have parted amicably a new driver will be announced shortly.

As for the other 6 Rookies, First up for the final solo run was Rob Compton who you all know about, he passed with flying colours, and then he loaned his car for the others to use after last years orange 59 spun twice into the wall, so he must of been nervous to say the least, thank you Rob and good luck this season.

Next up was Miguel Gomes, he flew in from Portugal to follow his dreams and was blinding, he passed and was very impressive, anyone who is willing to add to his current race funding will surley get an exciting ride.

Ex rally driver Wayne Ward was next to pass and was over the moon to get through the test, his mate James Brown was not quite so fortunate after having the crash in turn 1 wall earlier in the day, he struggled to make the pace after being easily within times before his wreck, hopefully he will pass before the season starts and they could possibly form a new two car team. fingers crossed.

Dan Boys and Eric cowley booker just need some more tuition

Finally thanks go out to John Mickel, Drew Furlong(BRSCC) and Sonny Howard who did a great job overseeing the tests and were spot on with their decissions along with Lee O'Keefe who paced the rookies all day.

Hope that helps, a more detailed account on the rookies that passed will be placed on the SCSA web site ASAP

Duane
    REVOLUTION RACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Duane.

Thanks mate!!

Without YOU, I wouldn't be in that position.

Rob.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not to mention all the sweat and blood behind the scenes (til 9 oclock last night)
    revolution racing #99 crew chief's side kick