Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It is rather sad. One guy just see's this as more evidence as Indycar as dead, and the rest of us have grown to ignore him, because while we may admit the stands are half empty, only one guy is waving the pom poms for it to happen....

I missed the race, reality got in the way, and I had the PVR on LeMans Duty. They need to put this race back after Indy, and tell Gossage to realize tradition was messed with and he can do as well if they hold his race later.....but then again, maybe Milwaukee just needs a better job on the promotion side. Andretti's do learn from experience...it is year two where I will judge their effort, but if they cant do it, it isn't savable...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    It is rather sad. One guy just see's this as more evidence as Indycar as dead, and the rest of us have grown to ignore him, because while we may admit the stands are half empty, only one guy is waving the pom poms for it to happen....

I missed the race, reality got in the way, and I had the PVR on LeMans Duty. They need to put this race back after Indy, and tell Gossage to realize tradition was messed with and he can do as well if they hold his race later.....but then again, maybe Milwaukee just needs a better job on the promotion side. Andretti's do learn from experience...it is year two where I will judge their effort, but if they cant do it, it isn't savable...
    Traditional date would be great especially if they ad RA in August,but fathers day weekend would be fine as long as they keep at steady and on Saturday.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa

It's not just us. Lots of media reports were saying that attendance was way up this year and it was a great start to bringing back the fans in Milwaukee. It may take 2 more years, but most took this race and the Indyfest events as a very good sign.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Wasn't there and didn't see it, so can't comment about the race as such, however, surely having an active team owner promoting races is better than outside organisations? Andretti has "skin in the game", so to speak, so you'd have thought he'd be less likely to mess people around and/or rip people off, as ultimately it hits him in his capacity as a team owner. I don't especially like the guy, but he deserves respect for stepping up to take the risk IMO, and I hope he can make it (and Baltimore) work.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by numanoid
    It's not just us. Lots of media reports were saying that attendance was way up this year and it was a great start to bringing back the fans in Milwaukee. It may take 2 more years, but most took this race and the Indyfest events as a very good sign.
    Hey...I wont knock the event. I think the Andretti's will get there....but Milwaukee and people in Wisconsin need to remember what a gem they have in that historic track...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".