Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I detect a collective yawn on the part of most forum members at reading most of this.
    If i would like to be taken seriously i would not post on the interwebs...

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    LOL...

you are no match old man...

way too many shattered dreams to even bother... it saddens me a bit, but that is life... cruel for the majority.
    What nonsense are you yapping about now perra

Whose dreams shattered? Yours?

well that would explain why you are always bitter and so critical of others---simple transference of your failures, blaming the rest of the world for your crushed dreams.
    Do all Greeks do that? Is that why your entire country seems to be in such horrible shape?

If in your feverish mind you intended to make disparaging comments about my activities in motorsport there's an convenient answer to perritas such as you:
    Better a has been than a never was.

And even for a mere noise like you, I am in a some way sorry that your life is so empty, so hopeless that you have to pour your misery and rage out here in 99.79% of every post.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

친애하는 지도자
    nice confirmation...

thank you.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    This was an interesting discussion before one particular post.

친애하는 지도자
    This was an interesting discussion before one particular post.
    I agree...

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I detect a collective yawn on the part of most forum members at reading most of this.

As for the first point, Pentti Airikkala once said that having F1 and rallying run by the same body is akin to 'football and rugby being run out of the same office'. I am beginning to wonder whether he was right.
    Interesting perspective. Never thought about it that way before.

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    As for the first point, Pentti Airikkala once said that having F1 and rallying run by the same body is akin to 'football and rugby being run out of the same office'. I am beginning to wonder whether he was right.
    Pentti, as ever, spoke a lot of sense and I’d say he had a point. However, what I would say is that during the Mosley era, F1 grew massively, and all the other series at some point, whithered – all to the benefit of F1. This was not a coincidence.

Todt says he wants to turn around the WRC, I’m inclined to believe him, and he was brought back a World Championship for Sportscars, so he’s still in credit.
    While the FiA get a lot of critiscism, and rightly so, the Manufacturers aren’t innocent either. It’s mainly down to them were the WRC has ended – down a blind alley.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

친애하는 지도자
    Why doesn't the FIA allow a representative from each manufacturer and 2-3 representatives from the drivers into the commision ?? They are the ones directly involved and risk their money and lives...

instead we have 60 and 70 year old people with 3rd age crisis trying to do a very important job...

their place is in an old peoples home not any kind of committee...

Liked 1,370 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    First of all they need to understand that F1 and Rallying are two completely different sports...

the audience is completely different... F1 is for everyone... which is good for money.

WRC is for Alpha male wolfs... which can also be good for money if is is provided in the proper context.... but it will never reach the numbers of F1, because simply there scared little sick dogs in this world who are concerned about drivers hair styles and sexual orientations are way larger in numbers than proper people.
    Animals aside....
    This is where the promotor should have come into the picture. But the ones that has been up till now has not been able to renew WRC, and by that sell it to a larger audience than us petrolheads.
    Use of internet and TV together are keywords in what has to be done.
    there are endless opportunities in the streaming world, and with all the data they can collect from teams and cars, with double-picture technology and so on.

In my opinion internet services could be done in-house in FIA, and reuse technology for all FIA series.
    TV is harder, and need to be in-sourced from a production company.

FIA need to start thinking internet use, and not just TV - those two need to be working together!

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    While the FiA get a lot of critiscism, and rightly so, the Manufacturers aren’t innocent either. It’s mainly down to them were the WRC has ended – down a blind alley.
    Or more precisely, the principles running their rally teams, one in particular that obviously intended to imitate the "own the media rights" crap from F1 side, which meant change everything to make it "easier" for TV
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat