Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Adam Parr leaves Williams

As a bit of a shocker, Williams have announced that Adam Parr will leave the company at the end of this week. Officially, he leaves "to pursue a better balance in his life". But I wonder what's really happened there...

Chairman Adam Parr leaves Williams F1 team - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Just when you think Williams are starting to get everything sorted and are back on the way up... :\

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    End of this week? That's the F1 equivalent of being fired on the spot without being able to go back to your desk to collect your things.

I wonder what has happened. He was being talked of as the eventual successor to FW. Doubt he has suddenly realised that he needs to spend more time with family.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    How strange. Williams' statement of a few weeks ago, while clouded in the usual PR waffle, did seem quite unequivocal in its backing for Parr. Were those just empty words?

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    I wonder what has happened. He was being talked of as the eventual successor to FW. Doubt he has suddenly realised that he needs to spend more time with family.
    Yes, if you were easing yourself into semi-retirement you wouldn't do it without warning 2 races into the season would you.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    From another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I'm yet to be convinced that Adam Parr is the right man to lead the team into the future but time will tell.
    Spooky
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm genuinly shocked. Something's gone Pete Tong big time. More to come from this story me thinks.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Skeletons in the cupboard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some sources say that this has something to do with Parr not getting along with Ecclestone and the Concorde Agreement.

Concorde-Verhandlungen: Williams trennt sich von Parr - Formel 1 bei Motorsport-Total.com
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Some sources say that this has something to do with Parr not getting along with Ecclestone and the Concorde Agreement.

Concorde-Verhandlungen: Williams trennt sich von Parr - Formel 1 bei Motorsport-Total.com
    Could be a possibility.

I find it interesting, because last year Head retired for good and recently Frank has been moving more to the background as well. So after a complete overhaul in the technical department Williams is going to have one in team management too.