Page 876 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 3767768268668748758768778788869269761376 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,760 of 14986
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyPat107
    While I would love to see an event here, I don't see the USA putting on a great event. We have too many lawyers with their hands in everything, we don't have the wrc fan base and to be honest I don't think we have the caliber of roads. The best we have yet to produce is ken block? I can only imagine the heyday N.O.T would have commenting on an event here. Maybe I am being cynical...
    Well, we most definitely have the roads, that's not the issue. Fan base and current exposure levels are the finicky components. The grass roots peeps and organizers would LOVE to host an event. Love him or hate him, KB has probably been one of the best things for rally in the US. Competitive? Hardly. Love for the the sport, dumps in the money and gets people to take interest? Few are better. Duplessis and Sarasin - wtf happened to that kid? - are, from a pure rally pedigree, superior drivers. They just don't have the resources, and thus the experiences that comes with it.

Honestly, stage rally may never make it "big time" in the states. But I would not be surprised one bit if, in a fews years to come, rallycross becomes HUGE. It seems to appeal to the "US demographic" of racing fans.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.
    Portfolio - www.gheridsmick.com

Liked 73 Times in 38 Posts
    In my opinion, would be very nice so wrc 2012

1) Monaco (by one day of testing in the mythical roads around Gap)
    2) Sweden + Norway (as in 2012)
    3) Portugal (returning to the tests even in the Fafe)
    4) Spain (mixed event)
    5) France + Germany (with a single event)
    6) Argentina
    7) Brazil
    8) an event in Asia (China, India or Japan, as there is an important car market)
    9) Australia / New Zealand (alternating)
    10) Finland
    11) Sardinia (if you want you can make an event of more than 500km of PS)
    12) Russia (another important market)
    13) Wales (returning to the tests even the legendary RAC)
    14) Greece

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Toni Gardemaister has switched to rally-raid:
    Google Tulkot

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolbia84
    5) France + Germany (with a single event)
    I'd say scrap Alsace and bring Corsica back, it adds more variety.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 669 Times in 322 Posts
    So, Geneva Motor Show is on (one of the biggest, most important of the year), and Ford launch the new 1.6l Ford Fiesta ST, and their Motorsport Manager is in Mexico doing this:

Recce lunch earlier today. I learn my culinary skills from @... on Twitpic

Priorities much?

Liked 73 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky
    I'd say scrap Alsace and bring Corsica back, it adds more variety.
    tour de corse all my life, but unfortunately the FIA-heads have excluded .. slowly coming back to the IRC has a nice level also in evidence.
    Unfortunately in recent years there were only 6PS be repeated 2 times (eWRC-results.com - results Tour de Corse - Rallye de France 2005).
    In terms of charm, history and beauty of the test, is superior to Alsace (but has a very large number of spectators in PS)

Liked 77 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolbia84
    In terms of charm, history and beauty of the test, is superior to Alsace (but has a very large number of spectators in PS)
    Are you referring to number of spectators at the Hagenau Powerstage? Well, there might be many spectators, but the stage itself is a disgrace; driving three times around the parking lot gives not the desirable image of rallying.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    So, Geneva Motor Show is on (one of the biggest, most important of the year), and Ford launch the new 1.6l Ford Fiesta ST, and their Motorsport Manager is in Mexico doing this:

Recce lunch earlier today. I learn my culinary skills from @... on Twitpic

Priorities much?
    Well what do you expect? It would be much more strange if he was not in Mexico. Ford can handle the Geneva show on their own, they don't need their motorsport boss.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 77 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    I've been to the rally 2 times now and I must say that the stages itself (during the rally) are nice and real rally-stages... But I'm not so sure if they are really WRC-worthy... If they'd change their shakedown and powerstage it would be a lot different already.
    I agree, the "real" stages are nice. And I also don't mind the city stage, it is good to bring the rally to the people. But as a Powerstage, televised world-wide? Boring and very unrepresentative of rallying.

Liked 74 Times in 33 Posts
    Gardemeister: Rally is in my blood, but I want new challenge (some photos from tests)
    Lidojošais soms Gardemeisters kļūst par RE Autoclub pilotu (FOTO) - Go4speed