Page 144 of 260 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2591
    Liked 2,849 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    In which case, I find this an astonishing situation. How could it have been expected that sponsorship for a full 2012 campaign would be forthcoming on the basis of a part-season in 2011? What level of success did Prodrive anticipate having in 2011 that would provide the basis for finding that sponsorship? In a championship that's at a low point in terms of public attention, it appears ambitious at best.
    If you have goals and an idea of marketing you could very well fund Minis efforts. And I think BMW should. Don´t know why they don´t want. But IMHO Prodrive should have had backing from BMW. They can afford it.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    If you have goals and an idea of marketing you could very well fund Minis efforts. And I think BMW should. Don´t know why they don´t want. But IMHO Prodrive should have had backing from BMW. They can afford it.
    Yes BMW probably can afford it. However, they’re not going to get’ value for money’, are they? Which they will with the DTM, despite what many on here may think of that series. A lot of people see mto lay the blame at BMW, but I don’t think they’ve done anything wrong. The deal appears to have been support for development and the first season of the Mini – after that, Prodrive were on their own.
    Whatever has happened, the hoped for sponsor hasn’t materialised – despite it seeming very close ti a deal. All this when the new car showed pace and promising results – all which leaves me to conclude the WRC is no were near were it should be.

This fact leaves me wondering whether the people in the WRC are really aware of it’s standing. Ford, Mini without title sponsors, many events without a commercial backer, instead relying on local government/ regional assembly/ tourist boards for support.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,849 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Yes BMW probably can afford it. However, they’re not going to get’ value for money’, are they? Which they will with the DTM, despite what many on here may think of that series. A lot of people see mto lay the blame at BMW, but I don’t think they’ve done anything wrong. The deal appears to have been support for development and the first season of the Mini – after that, Prodrive were on their own.
    Whatever has happened, the hoped for sponsor hasn’t materialised – despite it seeming very close ti a deal. All this when the new car showed pace and promising results – all which leaves me to conclude the WRC is no were near were it should be.

This fact leaves me wondering whether the people in the WRC are really aware of it’s standing. Ford, Mini without title sponsors, many events without a commercial backer, instead relying on local government/ regional assembly/ tourist boards for support.
    Well, I think things are not digital - 1 or 0 - so value for money in WRC? Yes. DTM? Also Yes.

You cant say there´s no value for money in WRC, because then neither Ford or Citroen or VW would be there. And for myself I don´t care about which brand wins the DTM: I care what car is doing well in the forests - thet´s rallying. So regarding my piont of view rallying gets value for money. And BMW should think about that.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    And for myself I don´t care about which brand wins the DTM: I care what car is doing well in the forests - thet´s rallying. So regarding my piont of view rallying gets value for money. And BMW should think about that.
    I don't understand what the point is you're making here. Just because you don't care about the DTM doesn't mean to say that it is a worse marketing proposition for a car manufacturer. For BMW I think it's a far better choice than the WRC, given the DTM's enormous popularity in Germany. What, for a start, is the value of BMW taking part in the WRC using a car that doesn't carry its own name?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think this hints at one of the most fundamental problems facing WRC right now - the problems with the TV coverage that has led to poor exposure on stations around the world.

As a result, it's difficult to generate value for the sponsors - especially when it still costs such a lot to compete at WRC level (and the factory teams want sponsorship figures that don't balance up with what the sponsors see as good value).

To me, that means the way forward has to be for WRC to be free to air in major markets of Europe, Asia, America, to generate sponsorship value for money.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    For BMW I think it's a far better choice than the WRC, given the DTM's enormous popularity in Germany.
    BMW isn't popular in Germany? :O
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky
    BMW isn't popular in Germany? :O
    One still needs to promote one's products, even in one's home market. Look at Ford's presence in British domestic racing for years.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    One still needs to promote one's products, even in one's home market. Look at Ford's presence in British domestic racing for years.
    Ford is American though.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    DTM are all German brand think it was always like that.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    What about the fire into the Prodrive factory? Looks it burned a recce car too...