Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    And you believe that the pit walk takes place at a moment when teams are discussing their strategies so that fans can have no interaction with them even if they pay good money for it?!
    TBH it doesn't matter. If you travel 10,000 miles to see a race and a driver not signing an autograph ruins your trip you have to ask whether you're a real fan or just a groupie.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    TBH it doesn't matter. If you travel 10,000 miles to see a race and a driver not signing an autograph ruins your trip you have to ask whether you're a real fan or just a groupie.
    You would have gained plenty of rep points for that post.

Ioan: I'd also like to question the appropriateness of calling a two-time F1 world champion a "rude boy". If you honestly believe this, then you are free to say it, but it doesn't make the thread title very objective does it? :\
    In addition to this I'll point out that you were the one who complained to a moderator last year about the naming of the "Schumi the cheat" thread around the time of the Monaco GP last year, because you thought that it was an unobjective title - and that's at least bordering on double standards.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After reading a lot of opinions based on what was written in an article from F1-live, I'm quite surprised how this story is growing from nothing.

"F1-live" mentoned in his article that the whole story was publishe by "El Mundo Deportivo"; in fact they don't mention any other source, neither they talked to anyone.

"El Mundo Deportivo" (http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20070...261780089.html), didn't talked with anyone, but just wrote what they heard on a radio program called "Versió RAC1" as they recognized on their own article.

"Versió RAC1" is a humour program, and they can make a story from nothing by making common people say anything which doesn't matter if it's true or not, 'cause is just for fun. The original interview can be downloaded from the program web site (http://www.rac1.org/index.php?page_id=51), the file is marked "16h. 21-03-07 Dimecres", and the interview appears between the 14th and 28th; and for those understanding the language (mix of spanish and catalan), is clear all this "story" is ridiculous. Even the "interviewed" president of Club F1 Alonso, said he'll be at Malaysia.

The president of Club F1 Alonso (who was the one talking on the radio program), later regret of it, refusing to appear on any other media, after receiving some offers to talk about it. In fact not a single word about this incident is written on their main page (http://www.clubf1alonso.com/), neither on the catalan page (http://www.penya-bergalonsof1.com/DOCF1-1.htm), or anywhere else.

Of course, any photos appearing in any of those articles (F1-live and El Mundo Deportivo) are not related with this story, as it was aired some days later through the radio.

What a bluff.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    We posted at the same time. I heard the interview, but to me the episode does speak badly of Alonso.

The "episode" happened at the hotel (they were staying at the same hotel than most drivers and teams). The guy explains that they could get pictures with several drivers, they once had supper with Hamilton, they could chat with Bernie for 20 minutes, the chatted with Flavio. In that context, they once asked FA for a picture and not only he denied, but in a rude way. It's hard to defend FA after that.

That the guy is backing off now, could be explained in many ways. Would you stop having the chance of travelling around the world? It's not unlikely that he has interests (as mentioned by several in the forums linked from his own site).
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I wouldn't have expected this:

<<"He looked at us with disgust and answered 'no'," Rodriguez said, adding that members of the Alonso fan club had to be content with photos with Kimi Raikkonen and even Bernie Ecclestone.>>

Link: http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...26104627.shtml
    Tell them to support ant and Taku in the Super Aguri; well that was easy!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    That the guy is backing off now, could be explained in many ways.
    As could Alonso's reported response to their request.

There's a whole range of mountains being made out of one molehill here.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    There's a whole range of mountains being made out of one molehill here.
    I wouldn't go that far, it's just that some people around here are blind FA fans protecting him no matter if he is right or wrong!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    something like a pot calling a kettle black aint it ioan
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    something like a pot calling a kettle black aint it ioan
    I don't deny that I supported my fave driver. The ones that criticized me at that moment are the ones doing the same now. So yep it's something like that!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Really? I was inclined to think that was because he is a double world champion.
    Well, his double world championships ain't much deserved, if Kimi'd had such a reliable equipment, the whiner would have none of them!!!
    --==MIKKO==--