Page 17 of 109 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Love
    Am I the only one who rather likes the sound of rain at rally gb? It looks like the rally is going to be won by the skill of the driver then!

Also I am a Mikko Hirvonen fan, but I saw these and thought they were fairly well made, so I'll post them here!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...50596613_n.jpg
    Well, the last one was very funny!

But in comparison I dont think Miko is that slow...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dear all,

I'm a new french member on this forum. Hirst of sorry my bad english level...

This is the first time I post a message even if I already read several really interesting information. My question is about the maps and access in the stage for the RAC. I will go to see this rally for the first time and I have to say that's really complicated to find a described stage maps and also to understand if we can acces in the stage by all the road or if it's really necessary to park ourselves into organisation's parking as I read?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Jonathan

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john_raschi-France
    Dear all,

I'm a new french member on this forum. Hirst of sorry my bad english level...

This is the first time I post a message even if I already read several really interesting information. My question is about the maps and access in the stage for the RAC. I will go to see this rally for the first time and I have to say that's really complicated to find a described stage maps and also to understand if we can acces in the stage by all the road or if it's really necessary to park ourselves into organisation's parking as I read?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Jonathan
    The Google Earth maps on Planetmarcus are accurate and show not just the stage route but also the local public access roads which you can use in conjunction with the directions given on the event website. Unless you have very detailed local knowledge there is no alternative to using the organised car parks. In most cases if you attempt to park anywhere other that the official car parks your vehicle will be clamped or towed away.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you,

I already checked the google earth map, and to be honest I'm not able to transfert them in google map... And it's also because I prefer to have a map instead of 3D view. But, anyway I have to say that google earth is really well done!!!

Thanks a lot for the parking. That's I supposed but it's always better to get confirmation...

Jonathan

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    You can upload the KML file to webspace and than open it in google maps by entering the URL in the locationfield.

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    Hi, some questions to locals:
    - Is it possible to go SS4 / 10 Gartheiniog from Dyfi East Car Park or it's completely forbidden?
    - Is it possible to reach the first miles in Myherin through the start?. It seems it is only 1 mile away from A44.
    My schedule, weather permitting, is to climb Snowdon on Thursday morning, then Clocaenog and Conwy Castle Start in the afternoon.

Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Priorat
    Hi, some questions to locals:
    - Is it possible to go SS4 / 10 Gartheiniog from Dyfi East Car Park or it's completely forbidden?
    - Is it possible to reach the first miles in Myherin through the start?. It seems it is only 1 mile away from A44.
    My schedule, weather permitting, is to climb Snowdon on Thursday morning, then Clocaenog and Conwy Castle Start in the afternoon.
    I would think you could walk into Gartheiniog from Dyfi, but it's a fairly long walk and unless you had a specific corner in mind, you would probably find just as good places by simply walking further into Dyfi (East or West).

You can definitely walk into Myherin near the start, but the A44 is heavily policed and if you park in laybys or on the verges near the stage you will almost certainly get a parking ticket. If you are prepared to park several miles away and walk though, it is probably worthwhile as the start of the stage (known locally as Pikes Peak because of the wide, open uphill hairpins) is very spectacular.

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan
    I have been to Myherin 2 times before, and I believe there are no more nice spots to spectate at. Is there an easy way to reach this two points you mention? Especialy the 'pikes peak' at the start? The second part you recomend is around 40min walk from car park but the first part is nearly unreachable.
    The Pikes Peak section can be reached on foot from the A44, however it depends entirely on whether the Police close the laybys, otherwise there'll be nowhere to park.

The only way to reach the last section is via a minor road that leads into the mountains from Llangurig, which is closed off the night before.
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti
    The green color of Nobre is fitting nice on the Mini!
    He just had his first test session with the Mini yesterday:

Treino WRC Wales 2011 on Vimeo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G. Morales
    He just had his first test session with the Mini yesterday:

Treino WRC Wales 2011 on Vimeo
    Paolo having fun !! Living the dream....
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout: