Page 647 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 1475475976376456466476486496576977471147 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 14986
    Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    I think you'll find that he is contracted to begin the event but free to change category.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    I think you'll find that he is contracted to begin the event but free to change category.
    That's what I thought, he was talking about doing Spain in PWRC and then looking at options for GB. Hope VW give him a Skoda! He has contacts at Ford as well, so maybe Fiesta

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Are you serious?
    I think it's called Irony? It's like goldy and brassy but it's made from iron!

Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    He can't.

He must take the start in PWRC to be confirmed as Champion.
    My understanding is that the team must enter but that doesn't mean Hayden has to drive. This happened at Rally NZ 2010 when local driver Kingsley Thompson took over the drive for the Czech National Team usually driven by Marten Semerad. It happened also last weekend at Rally Austarlia when Brendon Reeves took over the entry for the Bilbutikken AS World Rally Team usually driven by Anders Grondal. They must enter as the team to keep the FIA happy and not be fined or excluded from the championship, the driver and car can be different.
    Often this happens on 'away' events when teams haven't got the finances to travel to the other side of the world.
    It seems like a team must commit to the championship, not the driver.

One thing that may keep him doing the PWRC in GB is his contract with Symtech.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    He can't.

He must take the start in PWRC to be confirmed as Champion.
    Incorrect, Paddon himself has stated he would like to tackle GB in a different class preferably WRC. He is obliged to compete but not in PWRC only.
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6789
    Paddon for GB with Skoda?
    Maybe a Mini ST2000???

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Add fuel to the fire: Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat is quoting Italian Auto Sprint magazine, saying M-Sport would be having deals ready for Latvala and Tänak for 2012 - and drumroll - Malcolm's offering Hirvonen a pay seat at Stobart!

According to Auto Sprint Hirvonen's drop from Ford would make him more likely a VW driver. VW is set to test for 20-25 weeks in 2012.

I think I'll be dissappointed after all these rumours when we see JML/Hirvonen and Loeb/Ogier starting in their usual cars next year...

Funny thing too, that apparently someone has made Google's translator tool believe that Mikko Hirvonen in English language spells Petter Solberg...
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    the sad thing is that all these rumours come from either Finnish or British media... their frustration is up to an extend justifiable since the french managed to totally wipe them of the rally map the last decade...

As for Latvala/tanak team i think for at least 2 years ford will be out of contention of any titles. Hirvonen at WV would be a solid choice.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    the sad thing is that all these rumours come from either Finnish or British media... their frustration is up to an extend justifiable since the french managed to totally wipe them of the rally map the last decade...
    Please do note that Finnish media is only quoting French and Italian sources on this, not making their own scoops.

And if you consider two world championship titles, four 2nd places and two 3rd places in the last decade "totally wiping of the rally map".... oh.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori

And if you consider two world championship titles, four 2nd places and two 3rd places in the last decade "totally wiping of the rally map".... oh.
    2nd and 3rd places have absolutely no value in the car market, and almost no value in driver market as well....so yup they wiped them off the rally map. COMPLETELY.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    the sad thing is that all these rumours come from either Finnish or British media...
    lol

You are wrong again.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/...tml#post964439
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/...tml#post964571