Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Fantastic overtaking (not about Lewis Hamilton)

So what did people think of the overtaking on the weekend? Third time lucky eh?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Amazing move, I was really impressed to see Webber do that especially to Alonso! Most probably the overtaking move of the year.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    yes, there was some great overtaking, Webber on Alonso included, but also several of Button's moves (on Petrov and Perez, on Massa to name a couple). Alonso and Hamilton on Massa was very good too, realise its broken the thread now I've mentioned Hamilton, but it was an overtake and it was good wheel to wheel action (neither driver crashed either!)
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    yes, there was some great overtaking, Webber on Alonso included, but also several of Button's moves (on Petrov and Perez, on Massa to name a couple). Alonso and Hamilton on Massa was very good too, realise its broken the thread now I've mentioned Hamilton, but it was an overtake and it was good wheel to wheel action (neither driver crashed either!)
    In terms of the amount of quality overtakes surely Button rates highly, but for me Webber's rates right up there with some of the best I've seen ever.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Webbers was the stand out move of the race, but I too think Button's number of quality overtakes at various points of the track against some decent opposition was also very impressive. The Alonso, Massa, Hamilton, Rosberg battle was very good with a number of positions swapped with no tears.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Vettel going past Rosberg on the outside line was also special/brave.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Drive of the day to Jenson Button? Fair enough, tis a close one between him and Schuey, but drive of the day must go to the guy that started 24th, made up 19 places, and beat his teammate that started 5th on the grid, not the guy that made up ten places. Plus I'd bet money that Schuey made more overtakes than Button did.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Jenson drove mighty fine, but actually there were great performances in that race by many drivers. Because the track is awesome and the drivers enjoy themselves tremendously. Spa forever!
    Formula 1

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Drive of the day to Jenson Button? Fair enough, tis a close one between him and Schuey, but drive of the day must go to the guy that started 24th, made up 19 places, and beat his teammate that started 5th on the grid, not the guy that made up ten places. Plus I'd bet money that Schuey made more overtakes than Button did.
    Well I certainly wouldn't agree with them that Button was the best, but remember that it's the BBC and I imagine the viewers are generally going to want to see a British driver voted best of the day where possible. I think the fact that we saw more of Button's overtakes than Schuey's would also play a part. I'm sure by the end of the first lap Michael had made something silly like nearly 10 overtakes. I'm sure German TV said that Vettel or Schumacher were the top drivers.