Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    As I said, different people, different opinions. I prefer professional looking driver, with occasional glimpse of humour maybe, like Button, Vettel or Hakkinen, but not a rubbish machine - I am definitely not a fan of Lewis and the way he talks unbelievable crap and although I liked Montoya, I think he very often looked immature and stupid in interviews. And JV simply looks bitter.
    About MS, what to say. I liked his cool attitude. Different people, different opinions.
    Ruthless and brutal, oh my. We are talking about a racing driver, not about Jason. And I think that the cool attitude matched his determination and inhuman consistency pretty well.
    Right. So, in your opinion, what is worse? Talking your mind in a heated scenario about steward decisions at Monaco or:

1. Walking up to the Mclaren garage with bad intentions, threatening to "kill" Coulthard. - Spa 1998

2. Taking out your championship rivals deliberately.....TWICE, and then lying about it. - Adelaide 1994 and Jerez 1997

3. Parking your car at La Rascasse to block other qualifiers, and then again point blank lying about it to the world. - Monaco 2006

His "coolness" is just pouring out in those scenarios.

At least JV shows what he really is, an imbecile off track, while MS has showed what a ruthless guy he is on track, and so HAS to act nice for the camera. Lewis acts the way he drives, aggressive. So yeah, apart from that one blip at Australia, he has been pretty honest in his career so far, and hasn't tried to deliberately murder people on track and then act all smiley smiley to the press.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    Right. So, in your opinion, what is worse? Talking your mind in a heated scenario about steward decisions at Monaco or:

1. Walking up to the Mclaren garage with bad intentions, threatening to "kill" Coulthard. - Spa 1998

2. Taking out your championship rivals deliberately.....TWICE, and then lying about it. - Adelaide 1994 and Jerez 1997

3. Parking your car at La Rascasse to block other qualifiers, and then again point blank lying about it to the world. - Monaco 2006

At least JV shows what he really is, an imbecile off track, while MS has showed what a ruthless guy he is on track, and so HAS to act nice for the camera. Lewis acts the way he drives, aggressive. So yeah, apart from that one blip at Australia, he has been pretty honest in his career so far, and hasn't tried to deliberately murder people on track and then act all smiley smiley to the press.
    Lot of rubbish from you, like always. LOL
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Pretty consistent there yourself, ioan. Although I'm glad you've downgraded from the smiley at the end of your every post to the more conservative "LOL" like a unicorn loving pre-teen girl high on prozac.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    You replied instead of me. Thanks
    Formula 1

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Hmmmm poking fun at a driver who makes immature comments by rolling off an ironic classic lol... I like.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    The thing is Lewis has made a couple of silly statements of late but your post makes it sound like he say's things like that all the time, which of course he doesn't and is professional like the rest of them. Look at some of the silliness on this thread after you made that comment and you've even 'liked' a comment that is immature. What more can I say lol.
    I liked the comment of ioan, because it is a satisfying answer to a man who supposes that I am not aware of MS 3 big, ugly errors, compared to 91 victories, 7 world championship titles and acts of great dignity as the way he thanked his mechanics for the great Ferrari years, after he retired from Suzuka, or the way he gave Fisichella a lift in Germany 1997, or his charity. To a man who tries to tell me that what is right for me to like and what it not. So yeah, this post was a lot of rubbish.
    And about Lewis, for a professional speaks too much, IMO - and just IMO. In my OPINION Michael's way of acting in front of the cameras is better.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I liked the comment of ioan, because it is a satisfying answer to a man who supposes that I am not aware of MS 3 big, ugly errors, compared to 91 victories, 7 world championship titles and acts of great dignity as the way he thanked his mechanics for the great Ferrari years, after he retired from Suzuka, or the way he gave Fisichella a lift in Germany 1997, or his charity. To a man who tries to tell me that what is right for me to like and what it not. So yeah, this post was a lot of rubbish.
    And about Lewis, for a professional speaks too much, IMO - and just IMO. In my OPINION Michael's way of acting in front of the cameras is better.
    I'm gonna take a page out of your buddy's book and just say this. That post is a load of rubbish. LOL.

You seem to be a very vocal Lewis hater on this forum, citing his loud mouth and aggressive driving style as your annoyance. Yet when it comes to Schumacher, it's nuthugging bonanza to the extreme, for a guy who is infamous for his much more scandalous on-track behavior. All that is forgiven as long as he acts nice in front of the camera?!? Do you even watch races or are you only concerned with post-race interviews?

The only people who should have problem with Lewis are like fans of Buddha or something. Not MS fans. HUGE double standards.

acts of great dignity as the way he thanked his mechanics for the great Ferrari years
    All champions, past and present have thanked their mechanics, sent them Christmas cards, bought them presents. Cry me a river.

or the way he gave Fisichella a lift in Germany 1997, or his charity.
    That is epic fail of gigantic proportions. LMAO! Then Mansell, Coulthard, Webber more recently, and countless others are such amazingly kind souls for giving lifts to other drivers. You must shed a tear every time that happens on TV, don't you? What would F1 do without such angels?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden

I'm sorry, but I don't remember Schumacher threatening to kill Coulthard? I remember him saying "Were you trying to kill me?" Could you blame him? Stopping in a straight line in the wet to brake test the car behind you, something that I'll remind you Coulthard has since taken responsibility for himself. That incident cost MS the title in 1998. If it wasn't for thathe would have 8 WDC's.

As for Adelaide 94, I've still to see substantial proof that he was to blame for that incident. I've had people go through screenshots frame by frame on this and for every interpretation they have there is an alternative one to give. There is no proof he actually intentionally took Hill out. If anything it was an opportunistic move by Hill, probably just as opportunistic as, say then Lewis's move on Maldonado in Monaco this year.

I agree with Jerez 97, it was stupid and a blip in a glistening career.

Parking at La Rascasse, debatable. I've never been able to fully make my mind up on whether he really did that on purpose or not.

But all that aside, if those few incidents are all you can really point to over his first career then I would say Schuey is pretty cool in the car too. Around 250 races and only 4 incidents. That's pretty cool indeed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I'm sorry, but I don't remember Schumacher threatening to kill Coulthard? I remember him saying "Were you trying to kill me?" Could you blame him? Stopping in a straight line in the wet to brake test the car behind you, something that I'll remind you Coulthard has since taken responsibility for himself.
    I'm pretty sure I remember from what I read of the onlookers' account, Michael first of course asked DC if he was trying to kill him, and then wanted to punch him screaming "I'm gonna f*ing kill you." There is reference made to the threatening part here on 1998 Belgian Grand Prix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Schumacher may benefit from ban on refuelling, says Coulthard - Motor Racing, Sport - The Independent

That incident cost MS the title in 1998. If it wasn't for thathe would have 8 WDC's.
    I'm sorry but that's purely speculative. IFs, buts, coulda-shouldas don't decide championships. IF the Mclaren was a more reliable car in 2000, and Ferrari wasn't the best car towards the end of the season, Hakkinen would have won his third.

As for Adelaide 94, I've still to see substantial proof that he was to blame for that incident. I've had people go through screenshots frame by frame on this and for every interpretation they have there is an alternative one to give. There is no proof he actually intentionally took Hill out. If anything it was an opportunistic move by Hill, probably just as opportunistic as, say then Lewis's move on Maldonado in Monaco this year.

I agree with Jerez 97, it was stupid and a blip in a glistening career.

Parking at La Rascasse, debatable. I've never been able to fully make my mind up on whether he really did that on purpose or not.

But all that aside, if those few incidents are all you can really point to over his first career then I would say Schuey is pretty cool in the car too. Around 250 races and only 4 incidents. That's pretty cool indeed.
    Look, there are tons of excuses for every famous driver's every questionable move, and we can spend another decade debating that. IMO all those three things were intentional. But that's not what I have my beef with.

What I have a problem with is MS fans bashing Lewis for being an aggressive driver and speaking his mind, which is really hugely contradictory, because MS himself has been fiercely competitive and aggressive throughout his career. So, I can't really understand what they have as an ideal. Lewis hasn't tried to take out his championship rival deliberately ever, yet for these people, MS with his Jerez incident and other questionable antics, is a hero, and they have been laying it into Lewis ever since Monaco, and if given the opportunity, will bash the crap out of Lewis for the next decade.

Why the double standards? What is this hatred based on?