Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker

No, he is not.
    Really? I am racking my brain trying to think of anyone in the history of the sport that is more popular and adored. Can you?

Look dumb-dumb, a nice person can still be completely stupid or an utter failure at the job they do and I will always call a spade a spade, not a heart.
    I don't mind insults but "dumb"? Really? Although, coming from someone with the perception to accuse Murray of being an imbecile and senile, perhaps I will award your opinion with the consideration it deserves.

As for your calling of Spades, you can call them Hearts or Shovels for all I car. I accept you don't like him and that's fine. I really don't care but to be unfairly rude and insulting to a man that has had such a major positive influence to Motorsport seems rather mean. Surely we can discuss Murray in a respectful manner without slandering him?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    still troll feeding time then, glad I didn't miss it after all..........
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    What is better — that, or calling someone senile who isn't? I know which I'm more comfortable with.
    Being senile yourself? Dont get your panties in a twist now, I was only joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    I've met and photographed more than my fair share of pit babes and, while they may be nice to look at, I know who I'd rather go for a pint with
    Me too. Pitbabes would win 100 times out of 100.

Nobody has any problem with you despising Murray's commentary. You're in a minority, but you have every right to your opinion. What is totally unfair is to describe a complete stranger as "senile" or an "imbicile" despite clear evidence to the contrary. That's just plain insulting.
    Well, his level of commentary was such that I could only consider him an imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Formula 1
    Really? I am racking my brain trying to think of anyone in the history of the sport that is more popular and adored. Can you?

Most drivers, teambosses, engineers. Murray is a somebody only in UK and possibly Canada and australia. In other countries nobody gives a flying eff about him, so in fact I will suggest he isnt even the most popular commentator around - Brazil has a far bigger population and Galvao Bueno is possibly more popular there than Walker is in UK.

I don't mind insults but "dumb"? Really? Although, coming from someone with the perception to accuse Murray of being an imbecile and senile, perhaps I will award your opinion with the consideration it deserves.
    I didnt call you dumb, dumb. I called you dumb-dumb. There is a difference.

As for your calling of Spades, you can call them Hearts or Shovels for all I car. I accept you don't like him and that's fine. I really don't care but to be unfairly rude and insulting to a man that has had such a major positive influence to Motorsport seems rather mean. Surely we can discuss Murray in a respectful manner without slandering him?
    What positive influence has he had on motorsport? That he tortured intelligent viewers for years with his nonsensical and worthless comments? The only positive influence he had to me in Motorsport was when he finally gave up his job (about 20 years too late).
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't agree with someone basically being branded as mentally retarded when they clearly are nothing of the sort. It's unnecessary.
    Marcus: "Tell Corrado, three gears is enough!"

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Nobody has any problem with you despising Murray's commentary. You're in a minority, but you have every right to your opinion. What is totally unfair is to describe a complete stranger as "senile" or an "imbicile" despite clear evidence to the contrary. That's just plain insulting.
    I've been re-reading the autobiography and there is acknowledgement of being a marmite personality.

The Daily Mail had an article in 2000 which attacked Murray for being senile and provoked his retirement.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Oh well, if it says so in the Daily Mail, then it must be true.
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro
    Oh well, if it says so in the Daily Mail, then it must be true.
    Actually the autobiography did mention that there were articles with 'Murray Walker's annoying cockups' which he found depressing.

At the 2000 German GP he made an error saying Barrichello went off when in fact it was Schumi which became a launch pad for a Daily Mail journo - the gist of which was that Walker was losing the plot with irritating cock ups and it was time for him to go. Daily Mirror too jumped on the bandwagon.

I don't have a problem with Garry Walker's comments. Murray Walker is well aware that there is a minority who think of him as a bumbling idiot.