Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Wow. How did you get from this

to this

in less than a month?
    personality transplant.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Or return from adverts half way through the final lap, as they did on one occasion.
    San Marino 2005.

The epice battle between Alonso and Schumacher ruwined. (To quote Stewie from Family Guy).

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    This would be my ideal scenario. Ferrari - a cancer on F1. I'd love to see them given the finger. F1 doesn't need them.
    that's it, you tell 'em Lewis. pin:
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Wow. How did you get from this

to this

in less than a month?
    Oh I always felt that way. I used to follow Schumacher and not even mind Ferrari at one stage. However, I feel that they are getting too many concessions and that they mouth off too much. Luca is well able to mouth off about anything in the sport, threatening breakaway series etc. If he wants a breakaway then he should just go take Ferrari and make one and stop making these bullsh*t threats. Almost anytime there is some conflict of interest with them, such as the double diffuser incident or any sort of incident regarding the courts in F1, Ferrari are nearly always involved somewhere with it. I honestly believe F1 would be just as well off without them. It might initially lose some fans but ultimately the majority of people would come back and watch it if exciting.

It's like when Schumacher retired. People were like, what next? Who next? Then along came a certain Lewis Hamilton and grabbed a lot of people's interest. You can substitute a driver and you can also substitute a team. If Ferrari left their loss would not be felt in two or three years time, in my opinion.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    I honestly believe it will go to Sky. They have money, in fact they have a higher turnover than the BBC now. Their MO is to buy existing and successful formats - whether they be shows like Glee or Mad Men, or sports like cricket or football - and use them to lure viewers away from other broadcasters.

The BBC are being used as a political football, and won't want to be seen funding what's generally perceived as a rich sport in a time of cutbacks. It's sickening: the new BBC Trust chairman is an ex Conservative Party chairman (who has already made clear that he wants to see channels and services cut); meanwhile the PM has only this week had yet more cosy meetings with Rupert Murdochas the takeover of BSkyB edges towards being rubber-stamped by a Culture Secretaty who despite having to be impartial is on record praising the tycoon. This is all happening while one of his newspapers stands accused of phone hacking on an industrial scale, allegedly partly overseen by the man who until recently was Cameron's media spokesman; and the Met Police stand accused of bowing to political pressure not to act. Honestly, if you wrote that as a crime novel people would dismiss it as being too far-fetched.
    The same Met Police, let's not forget, some of whose corrupt officers allowed journalists access to the police national computer — a fact all but unreported in all recent discussion of the subject, just as was the fact of BT employees bugging their employer's junction boxes, being found out and let off with a warning. But I digress.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Probably a new reality programme: Pets have got Talent; Pets can't cook, won't cook.....
    Can't Cook Pets, Won't Cook Pets, in which a group of celebrities steadfastly refuses to grill a kitten.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    F1 does need them because of the sheer amount of fans they bring to the sport, just like they need McLaren, Williams, Mercedes etc. Thats a pretty strong view you have there I must say.
    Well read my above post, I don't believe F1 would be that badly off without them at all. It would live on and it might end up better for the sport in the end.

I really don't believe F1 needs Ferrari. Ferrari need F1 far more than the other way around.

I think F1 would survive without Ferrari but I personally wouldn't want Ferrari to leave F1.

They bring a passion and common link between nations where fans of the prancing horse reside.

I am not a massive Ferrari fan from race to race, but I think its clear alot would be lost should Ferrari leave.

Right we should get back to BBC coverage. As this is probably not the thread to discuss Ferrari.

I just want to voice a quick rant.

I have been at work all day today and listened to practice one on the radio.

I went to listen to second practice, but just found 2 or 3 channels around 5 live playing tennis. I mean 2 channels playing tennis all day, and they can not find an hour and a half to broadcast F1.

Then I came home and wanted to watch the two sessions on replay on the Red Button, but there is no F1 replay because their only 3 streams feeding Wimbledon Tennis, and they are all washed out by the rain. So 3 streams showing nothing but rain and no F1 replay.

Checked a few times this evening and still no sign of F1 just tennis.

Disgrace.

I can watch Tennis, but to just show that and not any coverage of another major sporting event when they had the means is not on.

I haven't looked for a while so it may well now be on, but its to late for me.

Agree.

As you say the issue is that with Tennis on BBC 1 and BBC 2 then on 3 streams of the red button, why they can't open just one more stream to show the re run of F1 practice is beyond me.

They only ran 3 Red Button streams yesterday when there was a wealth of sport on Tennis and F1 but said they only had capacity to show Tennis, yet when there is nothing much on they have 4 or 5 streams of all sorts.

Very strange