Page 88 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Coverage

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I don't find the Brundle's opinion balanced in general, but as you say he has the ability to surprise and praise him every now and then. There is a reason Schumacher won't give interviews to him, the two never got a long so I don't believe it is ever possible for Brundle to be objective towards Schuey.
    You are wrong in that statement. Brundle has spoken in interviews of how they got along fine at Benetton and for some years after, until Schumacher read something negative he thought Brundle had written about him. In fact, he had written nothing of the sort.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    You are wrong in that statement. Brundle has spoken in interviews of how they got along fine at Benetton and for some years after, until Schumacher read something negative he thought Brundle had written about him. In fact, he had written nothing of the sort.
    Really? In that case, Please, do enlighten me as to what he actually said then...

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I don't believe Schuey would be driving if he didn't believe he had another championship in him.
    And for that reason he should be committed (ie to a home). Did you see the interview that he did with Lee McKenzie before Barcelona? He said that there is no evidence to Nico being quicker!! FFS he's being comprehensively trrounced in all areas, from first practice on a Friday right through to the end of the race.

I'd love for MS to still have it and to take the fight to the big boys, but it's just not happening. And that retracing of steps over taking no joy in racing was awful. It was clear that he meant in general, not just for the race at Turkey.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Really? In that case, Ppease, do enlighten me as to what he actually said then...
    Yes, really. I have no idea what the comment was that caused offence, though.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    This is from memory, I haven't looked it all up that would take days.

Watching Martins Grid walks in 1999 and 2000 era, he interviewed Schuey a few times before the race on the Grid. Then there was some issue raised around 2002 as far as I remember Schumi disliked something Brundle said about the need for team orders and the whole issue around Barrichello moving over while Schumi was so far ahead in the Championship. He also had a rift with Ross Brawn over the same issue and they are now good friends.

Then in later years Schumacher had an exclusive Grid Contract or something like that to a German TV Company thus didn't give interviews to anyone else on the grid.

I have also got Interviews somewhere of the two talking pre race on the ITV build up show and not to wear out the point I remember Brundle saying a few times while on a flights home from a races their paths crossed and they chatted about there Benetton days and alike all in the later 2000's

All in all I don't think there has been much of an issue between the two other than one turning into a member of the press and one not being so open and friendly with him as a result.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    And for that reason he should be committed (ie to a home). Did you see the interview that he did with Lee McKenzie before Barcelona? He said that there is no evidence to Nico being quicker!! FFS he's being comprehensively trrounced in all areas, from first practice on a Friday right through to the end of the race.

I'd love for MS to still have it and to take the fight to the big boys, but it's just not happening. And that retracing of steps over taking no joy in racing was awful. It was clear that he meant in general, not just for the race at Turkey.
    When I watched that interview it was very clear to me that he said "The big joy is not there at the moment". If he said it is not there anymore than I'd have taken it as I'm going to retire soon talk. However, he said "at the moment" so it seems pretty clear to me that it was his performances and car he was talking about.

Regards MS form, he and Nico have been very close in pace throughout the year. Schumacher has had bad luck but it Turkey it was his own fault for overdoing it into turn one. I don't believe the gap between them is as huge as it seems right now but you're right, Nico is still quicker and Schumacher has to start responding in Monaco.

Well then you can't really know that he said "nothing of the sort" then, can you?

Well then you can't really know that he said "nothing of the sort" then, can you?
    Yes, because Brundle himself has said he made no such comments, and that's good enough for me. I find him a rather more believable character than many in F1. And bias, let me remind you, is (almost) always in the eye of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    This is from memory, I haven't looked it all up that would take days.

Watching Martins Grid walks in 1999 and 2000 era, he interviewed Schuey a few times before the race on the Grid. Then there was some issue raised around 2002 as far as I remember Schumi disliked something Brundle said about the need for team orders and the whole issue around Barrichello moving over while Schumi was so far ahead in the Championship. He also had a rift with Ross Brawn over the same issue and they are now good friends.

Then in later years Schumacher had an exclusive Grid Contract or something like that to a German TV Company thus didn't give interviews to anyone else on the grid.

I have also got Interviews somewhere of the two talking pre race on the ITV build up show and not to wear out the point I remember Brundle saying a few times while on a flights home from a races their paths crossed and they chatted about there Benetton days and alike all in the later 2000's

All in all I don't think there has been much of an issue between the two other than one turning into a member of the press and one not being so open and friendly with him as a result.
    I've heard many explanations for the apparent "bad blood" between them but this would make more sense than anything. If there is an issue it very well may be unfounded. Either way, I still don't find MB's analysis of Schuey very balanced, but I'll take the points made in this thread into consideration in the future, as it is quite possible that I myself jump the gun without realising it in regards to MS bias as BDunnell pointed out.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    as it is quite possible that I myself jump the gun without realising it in regards to MS bias as BDunnell pointed out.
    It's very easily done. A lot of fans of the football team that I support have a huge chip on their shoulder about the amount of media coverage that the club gets. In truth though it's simply because there aren't as many people interested in hearing about Exeter City as there are about Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton etc. But sometimes it can be very difficult to form an objective opinion.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.