Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    OK I kind of understand this I guess. Unless I'm in a hurry or petrol is silly expensive I always brim the tank till it can't take a drop more.
    Don't get me wrong as I would always try to put a full tank and brim it if possible but sometimes it really is just easier to part fill depending on the nature and distance of the journey's when you only have a fuel tank that will get you around 300 miles worth of driving. Having said that I'm posting this using the free wi-fi in first class on the East Coast mainline service to London as sometimes it's just easier to get public transport.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Don't get me wrong as I would always try to put a full tank and brim it if possible but sometimes it really is just easier to part fill depending on the nature and distance of the journey's when you only have a fuel tank that will get you around 300 miles worth of driving. Having said that I'm posting this using the free wi-fi in first class on the East Coast mainline service to London as sometimes it's just easier to get public transport.
    I wish it were so easy for me to get public transport That said I do like my time on my own with my personal space
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billiaml
    I wash my windscreen, headlights, and generally do as much as I can to use as much of their stuff that they have laying around. I figure that, as much as I'm paying to fill up my truck, I'm paying for it, so I'll use it.
    Ditto.

I never bother looking at the pump meter as I'll always fill up anyways, then gasp audibly when I do see the final number hock:

Only cross-legged when I have to pee... :
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    So my question is why do you have to have a posture at all? Don't you have pump handles that lock in place and then shut off automatically when full?
    Nope. Those have been banned around here years ago.

I believe it's because as long as you're in contact with the pump you're protected from static charges as the pump itself is grounded.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I never quite understand why people only want to put a certain amount of fuel in the car

Surely unless you're absolutely skint then you should just fill it up? I don't like petrol stations so I put as much fuel in as the tank can take so I don't have to go back to the petrol station for as long as possible. The 500's tank is 35 litres but you can get about 42.5 litres in if you want. Good for 500 miles if you drive nicely Filled up last Friday and will my 40 mile rountrip commute every day that'll be good for two working weeks at least.

As for posture I suppose cross legged?
    Couldn't agree more. I too hate Petrol Stations and likewise cram every bit of fuel in I can get.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is no reason why you can't to do the stretcher and the sloucher at the same time. I frequently use these techniques as my local station is often very busy leaving me with little options. Coordination is the key to success here. I often use what I like to call the t-shirt cover up to avoid excessive fume inhalation. This can be risky if you forget to lower said t-shirt when entering the store to pay.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    ^^^

You've just invented a new style - the stick up
    All other opinions are wrong....