Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

888 down to one car?

Looks like Tony Gilham's seasons coming to an early end!

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/p_12/Artic...nsor_pulls_out
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    That would be devastating for him, three top 10 finishes on his debut, he'll hopefully find a sponsor in time.

Its a horrible reminder of what happened to Phil Glew last year after he had a similaraly good debut weekend
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your thread title highlights what could happen in the worst-case scenario, not what has actually happened.

Does anyone know which sponsor has pulled out? Naturally it's not mentioned as they don't want the negative coverage, but I'm curious.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    "We need something to happen before Donington so we can even be there."

Which means they won't be out without more sponsorship. I think my title is fair!
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    No way, he was brilliant at Brands and obviously gives companies good exposure with that livery. Fingers crossed he can get something sorted!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    That would be devastating for him, three top 10 finishes on his debut, he'll hopefully find a sponsor in time.

Its a horrible reminder of what happened to Phil Glew last year after he had a similaraly good debut weekend
    Yeah I remember seeing Phil Glew have a cracking race 1, only to be ignored by teams/sponsors etc.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Yeah I remember seeing Phil Glew have a cracking race 1, only to be ignored by teams/sponsors etc.
    Not as good as Giovanardi's weekend!!!!

Now you know why so many teams and drivers leave their announcements late.. Not until they have the money..

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDS
    Not as good as Giovanardi's weekend!!!!
    Actually I'd argue that it was better. Gio was in a car that he knew (pretty much) and a discipline that he's extremely familiar with, alongside drivers he knows. Glew on the other hand was new to the class, and I personally thought his performance was more impressive because of that.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In a lot of jobs, it's not always about what you know but who you know. That's why networking is so hugely important. Same applies to sponsorship...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Actually I'd argue that it was better. Gio was in a car that he knew (pretty much) and a discipline that he's extremely familiar with, alongside drivers he knows. Glew on the other hand was new to the class, and I personally thought his performance was more impressive because of that.
    I don't disagree with that at all. I think Phil is a great driver. He has just had poor sponsor support all through his racing career even back in his ff days. His ability as a driver is to be admired. He had a great result when he did a one-off drive for Motorbase, winning his class. And without his sponsor issues could have been in one of the top BTCC teams long ago.

My point was that Giovanardi would br more of a crowd puller than Glew, that's all. I was not knocking his driving ability..