View Poll Results: Double File Restarts On Road/Street Courses, Yes Or No?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 62.50%
  • No

9 37.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They can't get double file starts right on road courses, restarts are just going to make it worse (especially if it rains).

Let's have standing starts and single file restarts on road courses.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't vote as I think it is too soon to tell. I am a purist, I guess, so I'd rather see single file restarts. But I recognize the need to have more excitement and action in the races to help build bigger interest in Indycar. It does worry me some about the road this might take Indycar down.

Quote Originally Posted by bennybigb
    Standing starts ain't American.

Indycar racing has been here 100 years, that is much longer than any racing in Europe. We borned racing, this is how we do it. If you don't like it you can leave.

Same goes for the country as a whole.

God bless the IRL and the USA. The best country in the world.
    BiF, is that you?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    On a side note, the officials did a MUCH better job of waiting until the field was formed to wave the green...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ok they're an oval thing big whoop wanna fight about it?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightyreds
    And South American, and Australian, and Asian, but I'm sure they're all wrong.

Rolling startrs are an oval thing, not an American thing.
    Ok an oval thing, I only watch Nascar, Indycar, USAC, WoO and NHRA because I only like them. I don't watch a lot of others, I lost interest in the Rally about two years ago.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    As a member of another forum put it, the problem wasn't the double file restarts, it was running out of talent (and brains) while being four wide. I think we should keep the rule, for now.
    Bingo! We have a winner. I couldn't believe the way that these so called seasoned OW drivers screwed up the start. No names no pack drill.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keep roling startts double wide, except in the wet for safety sake I think single file would make sense.

At the end of the day its up to how the drivers drive if this works or not. I remember Zanardi being critised for hitting cars at starts when he started further back in the field. Essentially he wasn't used to starting that far back. Drivers wil realise soon enough when the team boss says you crash it you loose your ride, then they will be more conservative. Let em get on with it and the drivers will adapt. To soon to have a knee jerk reaction to this weeks race. I loved it, even though yellow flags are a pain, the safety crews need to clear it quickly and no problem.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The safety teams did a good job this weekend of keeping the number of yellow flag laps to a minimum, I applaud them for that.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark has a rumor going at AR1 that Long Beach mite see a change in the two wide restart. I hope not, and I hope Mark is not just trying to stir the pot. My gut says he is trying to stir the pot. They did so much better last race and we know the fans like the action. These guys are the best driver in the world,RIGHT!