Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Liked 69 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly
    I watched it this morning. It's a FIAT show with some Mitsu invited. But I understand they need to promote the series and the manufacturers involved. And Rautenbach is not involved. I can't even remember Rautenbach or Subaru beeing pronounced during the report.
    To promote is not to hide. I understand that a bigger visibility should be given to the one who pays (is the new way to do journalism...) but to ignore completely the others is something that my brain can't accept.

I already wrote this: Can you imagine Toni Gardemeister to win a WRC event and the TV and official site don't even mention it? I can't imagine, but Mitsubishi is not on the list of teams. Should they show the good ones or the ones who pay? If only the ones who pay are visible, then this is a farse and this is far from a journalistic work.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Apparantly belgian Pieter Tsjoen would focus himself on IRC for 2007 and 2008. The Focus WRC 2005 of last year is for sale! Great news for us Belgian fans and another contender for IRC!!!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Fly
    I watched it this morning. It's a FIAT show with some Mitsu invited. But I understand they need to promote the series and the manufacturers involved. And Rautenbach is not involved. I can't even remember Rautenbach or Subaru beeing pronounced during the report.
    Eurosport is broadcasted in Romanian by local retard motorsport commentators and I heard from them that Navarra won the overall classification. And I said to myself: this IRC should be quite a lame championship from the point of view of the entrants if a rally with 4-5 km flatout strainght lines is won by a Super 2000 car and not by a real Group N4 car with longer gear ratios and higher top speed.

One day later I read on the African Rallying section of this forum that it was Group N British-based competitor Conrad Rautenbach that won the rally overall. I searched results on the web and I found out that in fact there was a 1-2 result by Group N drivers, with S2000 driver Navarra only in third.

Eurosport sucks big time!
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Liked 3,313 Times in 1,746 Posts
    And imagine what Conrad Rautenbach's father must think now. He won Safari in the past. And now, after so many years, his son made it too! He comes home and turns on Eurosport to watch the rally review. And... he doesn't see his son for a single second! He doesn't see him even though he is the winner of the rally!

I like what JAM says. It's the new way of journalism. Let's write about the one who pays
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    and if there would be no IRC, he would turn on the tv and see skiing on eurosport. The glass is half full, not half empty. This is the first round, and people make mistakes. but stop whining so much, there is a new interesting serie to follow. And look at APRC reviews, I haven't seen them paying much attention to competitors, not registred for the series.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I watched the first round of IRC; Safari and I thought it was good. Although, I like rallying in general
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    And imagine what Conrad Rautenbach's father must think now. He won Safari in the past.
    A small precision: Billy Rautenbach never won the Safari, he won the Equator Rally Kenya in 1992, then the Kenyan round of the African Rally Championship.
    RallyBase Rallying Results: http://www.rallybase.nl/
    WRC results and classifications 1973-2006
    Also with ERC results 1992-2005.

Liked 361 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihai
    Eurosport is broadcasted in Romanian by local retard motorsport commentators and I heard from them that Navarra won the overall classification. And I said to myself: this IRC should be quite a lame championship from the point of view of the entrants if a rally with 4-5 km flatout strainght lines is won by a Super 2000 car and not by a real Group N4 car with longer gear ratios and higher top speed.

hahaha retard lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mihai
    Eurosport sucks big time!
    I thought the coverage was good not at its best.... what they have a whole 8 more rounds to improve, camera's should be on tripods, work on the heli angles and please please work on the commentary

So now I've watched the first round of the IRC, now just going to watch Rally New York with Nicky Grist!

It was jjust really a Fiat show....what even the commentator called a Mitsubishi a Subaru!? Hellllooooo but yeh just guys, work on the show/coverage/putting it together.....get Dakar's English commentator!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LP
    and if there would be no IRC, he would turn on the tv and see skiing on eurosport. The glass is half full, not half empty.
    This is a very good point!

This shouldn't be such a problem ongoing as I'm fairly sure Grp N Subarus won't be running near the front of the forthcoming IRC rallies much. Maybe they should register, but maybe they won't because of their Dave Richard$ connections?

The Safari was still a nice event to watch scenery wise and I believe it will be in the IRC next year too, and possibly as a longer event. Yes, there were only 300 competitive km but as someone else pointed out this was over just 2 days - Monte was 329km over 4 days.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Somebody has any news concerning Alex Bengué IRC program???