Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Burrows lands a meaty deal

By Paul Lindsay

Pacemaker
    John Burrows, joined by Collette O'Neill, shows off his new bike sponsored by Cookstown

Dungannon road racer John Burrows has secured a sizzling deal with local sausage manufacturers Cookstown.
    Burrows’ new sponsorship agreement will see him supported by the County Tyrone company for the next three years.
    And in an ironic twist Burrows will debut his new livery at the Cookstown 100 Road Races on April 30 — the very venue where he made his road racing debut back in 2002.
    Burrows, who also won the Man of the Meeting award at the Cookstown 100 in 2006, is a hard working journeyman racer, normally found chasing the coat-tails of his fellow Tyrone man Ryan Farquhar, but this new deal has given him a massive boost prior to the start of what he hopes will be a successful 2011 season.
    “I’m absolutely delighted to have Cookstown on board as our main partner,” said Burrows.
    “With Cookstown’s support we are heading into the 2011 season on full throttle. Back in 2003 I won my first road race at Cookstown, which is my local circuit, so to secure investment from a company based here in Cookstown is just fantastic.
    “I’m now looking forward to participating in the forthcoming racing season with my Cookstown gear and bikes.”
    Burrows will take in a full season of Irish national races in 2011, along with the big three international races: the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix.
    He will also make the trip to the Isle of Man in July for the Southern 100, where he was a race winner in 2009 — and he also has hopes of securing a Macau Grand Prix entry for the Far Eastern showpiece in November.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    That's good news. A deal with a sausage manufacturer with no snags.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    UK readers are currently able to enjoy 'The Boat That Guy Built', a six-part series of 30-minute programmes where Guy and one of his mates fit out a canal boat!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Richardson
    That's good news. A deal with a sausage manufacturer with no snags.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLUMw2WahY4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good get SM. That ad is awesome!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Behind the scenes