Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the information guys. I have a fan zone pass and grandstand seat turn 1 ticket for sunday. Is it possible to buy tickets for the Nationwide and Truck races on the day itself? Or do you always have to order them in advance. The races I go to here in Europe are practically never sold out (F1, DTM, BTCC, Le Mans Series,...)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    motorsportshooters.com, I can't offer any advice since I haven't been to Daytona since 1989, but I sincerely hope you have a great time at the 500. I went a lot in the 60's and the 70's and they are some of the great memories from my youth.

I am going to retire next year at the end of the year and a trip to the 500 in 2012 might be a good way to celebrate.

Enjoy.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsportshooters.com
    Thanks for the information guys. I have a fan zone pass and grandstand seat turn 1 ticket for sunday. Is it possible to buy tickets for the Nationwide and Truck races on the day itself? Or do you always have to order them in advance. The races I go to here in Europe are practically never sold out (F1, DTM, BTCC, Le Mans Series,...)
    I'm not sure about Saturday for Nationwide, but it's certainly possible for the Thursday and Friday to buy on the day (sorry can't remember which day the Trucks run on)- however last time I went, the queue to buy tickets was enormous- I got lucky and picked a spare ticket for Turn 4 from someone else in the queue- it's simply easier to get as much as you can in advance- then all you have to do is collect from the box office

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I only renew my Nationwide and 500 tickets each year. There's no problem getting tickets for the Gatorades on Thursday, but if you're worried buy them at the speedway (from the ticket booths at the end of the footbridge not at the office near the "Daytona 500 Experience" as the queues are much shorter). Tickets for the Friday Truck race are absolutely no problem. You can buy them on the day right up to the Green flag.

There are touts (aka "scalpers" in American) everywhere (people offering to buy tickets are usually also selling) and in 2009 I was able to get single tickets for the Gatorades and the Trucks at BELOW face value. Since the US economy is possibly even worse than our own they are probably worth talking to this year as well, but be prepared for a bit of verbal abuse if you offer less than face value. If you can wait until just before the race, there could be a few good deals but its a more risky business. Its your call...

Enjoy the race!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What hotel is the best to stay and that also is cheap . As my budget is not that high .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You will struggle to find a decent hotel thats cheap... and most have a minimum stay of 3/4 nights for speedweeks..

What budget do you have per night? A lot of hotels are easily $200's per night and some much more.. The Acapulco where i have stayed want about $2400's for 10 nights (thats the night of the shootout to the day after the 500) and thats about the going rate.

If you want cheap you might have to look at stopping somewhere like Altamonte Springs which is about 40 mins from Daytona, or of course Orlando.

We normally renew all our speedweeks tickets because we need 4 seats together, but i'd have no issue buying off the ticket touts... they seem to do a roaring trade every year.
    Roll on the 2009 Daytona 500!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NASCAR drivers hit the new asphalt at Daytona International Speedway today in preparation for the season opening Daytona 500 next month. This marked the second test session on the newly paved track, as drivers completed a tire test in December. Many of the drivers spoke of the smoothness of the new surface, and how it will affect the racing next month.
    http://www.fanviewpoint.com/2011/01/...urface-at.html

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I go to Florida every other Feb (not 2011 unfortunatley). Always stay in or around Orlando, good access to tracks and something to do on "days off". Don't bother with the toll express pass the hire co. will try and sell you, not worth it. Try to take in the Gatorade Duel on the Thurs before the 500 and the truck race on the Friday night under lights (On duel day the security is more relaxed and you can fence walk right down the wall as the cars scream past at 200mph...awesome stuff!). Try to get to New Smyrna, Desoto but most of all VOLUSIA County Speedway for the World of Outlaws sprints the weekend before Daytona. The WoO's are where lots of the Sprint cup guys learned their trade and they have to be seen! If you need any help with any directions, zip codes orr race date (anything really) drop me an email to [email:1m8qo5kh]mike@gmhq.fsnet.co.uk[/email:1m8qo5kh]

1 last thing...that water dripping down on you when you walk under the main grandstand aint water !!! All levels of the stands have toilet blocks and the all overflow on race day...keep your beer covered at least.

ENJOY.

Mike Ashcroft
    Ex BriSCA F1 #278

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    edit to above...
    We (and there's usually between 6 and 15 of us) never buy advance tickets for any race...never had a problem even for the 500.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Penske and Gibbs top the speed charts.

The first official NASCAR test of 2011 has come to a close at Daytona International Speedway. Drivers were able to test the new asphalt for three days this week in preparation for the 2011 season opening Daytona 500.
    http://www.fanviewpoint.com/2011/01/...aytona-as.html