Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Additionally in 2011, ESPN Classic will feature 30 one-hour WRC archive programmes,
    What's the betting that those archive programmes are the same that ITV4 and Dave have shown over the last few years? Yay, more Paul King.

I got my Dad the Castrol Classics collection for Christmas, I think that I'll just watch those on a Sunday evening instead, the rallying is better, the drivers more interesting, the cars sound better and the directors knew what they were doing. In fact, in retrospect, I'll happily take 3 hours of Barrie Hinchcliffe films over the whole 2011 WRC season.

**** you modern rallying, you suck.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I have Sky but I'm not paying the extra for ESPN. Anyone know whether WRC will be on any other channel in the UK this year? Motors/5/Dave?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    RIP WRC

I really am speechless!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    What's the problem? Here in Italy until 2010 we had to pay every year for WRC and we were happy, because there was a good coverage...

In Italy, now, we're more unhappy to see it on free-to-air Rai Sport 1 channel, 'cause they pick the 1-hour highlights and they edit to a 30-minutes "thing" we don't understand what effectively is...

If there's a good coverage (4,5 hours per event is good!), happy to pay!!!

I got Sky Italy, and we don't have anything about motorsports... just IRC, WTCC... we lost F1, DTM, Superleague, MotoGP practices, etc... so welcome ESPN which make a good coverage!

Don't blame all the things, guys, you're boring!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I have Sky but I'm not paying the extra for ESPN. Anyone know whether WRC will be on any other channel in the UK this year? Motors/5/Dave?
    I'm hoping the coverage will be shown on ESPN Classics,which is free if you subscribe to a sky sports package.
    And motors t.v will still show WRC for two more years in u.k.

I think it looks good,especially if the power stage live coverage is any good.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They have said that they will be showing classic rallies on ESPN Classic as part of the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if more people watch these than the live stages.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun
    What's the problem? Here in Italy until 2010 we had to pay every year for WRC and we were happy, because there was a good coverage...

In Italy, now, we're more unhappy to see it on free-to-air Rai Sport 1 channel, 'cause they pick the 1-hour highlights and they edit to a 30-minutes "thing" we don't understand what effectively is...

I got Sky Italy, and we don't have anything about motorsports... just IRC, WTCC... we lost F1, DTM, Superleague, MotoGP practices, etc... so welcome ESPN which make a good coverage!

i think most peoples problem is they have to fork out extra money for a crap channel that they will only watch the wrc and many people cant justify that.
    i for one feel that way i would pay a few quid more perhaps if i was getting a decent package with decent veiwing with espn you will have ok the WRC but then on a monday night you will have a crap premiership game between blackpool and wigan,not my cup of tea anyway.

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun

I'm sorry, but you completely miss the point, as far as Motorsport/ sport in the UK goes.
    Only MotoGP and F1 get 'normal'/terrestrial free-to-air coverage in the UK - and with it goes good coverage in the papers, and TV news, etc
    All the other Motorsports are on either freeview or pay/satellite - and as such, are viewed as 'niche'/minority. In the UK, the WRC's media profile has gone - RallyGB passed virtually un-noticed, nothing on the main National TV/Radio stations.
    Therefore, this deal, while good, is only preaching to the converted - where are all the future/new fans going to come from?? We are told that the UK is a big market for the WRC. To get back some decent coverage and more interest requires coverage on a 'normal'/terrestrial TV station.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    ESPN is a suscribe channel that costs stupid money. For example if you have SkyTV you'll be paying at least £12 a month for the basic package of extra channels. ESPN is an extra to SkyTV that costs another £12 a month. So if I wanted to watch ESPN coverage of the WRC I would be looking at an extra £288 for this year alone.

Basically saying that ESPN is showing it is the same as kicking me in the balls
    £9.00 a month if you already subscribe to Sky Sports.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I'm sorry, but you completely miss the point, as far as Motorsport/ sport in the UK goes.
    Only MotoGP and F1 get 'normal'/terrestrial free-to-air coverage in the UK - and with it goes good coverage in the papers, and TV news, etc
    All the other Motorsports are on either freeview or pay/satellite - and as such, are viewed as 'niche'/minority. In the UK, the WRC's media profile has gone - RallyGB passed virtually un-noticed, nothing on the main National TV/Radio stations.
    Therefore, this deal, while good, is only preaching to the converted - where are all the future/new fans going to come from?? We are told that the UK is a big market for the WRC. To get back some decent coverage and more interest requires coverage on a 'normal'/terrestrial TV station.
    It's just necessary a good promotion from the tv station. Is a good promotion to show 30 mins of highlights in a normal tv station, maybe 5 days after the rally (like RAI does), or is better to pay something and see also live coverage and the action as-it-happens?

Sky in Italy made interesting and exciting the Ryder Cup too(!!), although golf is more than a "niche" sport in a nation which follows with not much interest neither F1 nor MotoGP!

To attract new fans it's necessary the free wrc.com web-tv explained by Quesnel to my magazine, which costs about 8 millions euro. If will come a new sponsor able to pay thay bill, it's a new product they can launch! The internet is a great way to promote a series... guess who became a star with it? Not Barbie's boyfriend...