Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    There is no proof that the modeling alogrythms are valid ... Who's model is it ? Whats the correlation between modela and actual performance... Of course the answer is .. none.
    And you would know this how? You may be right, but stating it as FACT is not. I have done some work with the folks at Dassault who make some of the most highend CAD and modeling software. They have lots of success stories of things designed purely in the digital domain that when produced in the real world worked exactly as modeled. They have done this in automotive, aviation, aeronautics and other arenas.

As with any item, of course the final step is to build it and test it, so I do agree with this last sentence:

The only way to see how the DW races is build one and put it on the track.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Reading some of this stuff made my head hurt. Way beyond my education to speculate on, but I love the debate.

As I said, Chip is tossing money at this thing still, so he must see or know something that keeps him behind Bowlby. I hope this beast see's a race track for a public test...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    How much different will this thing drive compared to a normal car? How much practise would a driver need to safely jump in this car? (Would talented drivers even bother to learn this? Not if you want to go to F1...). They are having trouble finding 30 competent drivers as it is now...

I'm pretty sure it can be driven around any track. I'm less sure about the practical concepts though. Instead of putting one on the track, rather let one skid sideways across a wall. Or let one attempt to overtake another. The original design didn't even have rearview mirrors, can't see that working.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    Modeling schmodeling, As a professional engineer I have seen most models particularly for air conditioning and building energy use modeling to be worthless GIGO garbage in garbage out - so I have no confidence just because the Deltawing was "modeled". There is no proof that the modeling alogrythms are valid ... Who's model is it ? Whats the correlation between modela and actual performance... Of course the answer is .. none.

As for an earlier comment that the DW may perform like a three-wheeler- I agree and 3 wheelers are miserable in turing, anyone who had an old three-wheel ATV can attest, they quit making those for safety concerns beacuse they tipped over when steering... only 4 wheel ATVs are now available.

The only way to see how the DW races is build one and put it on the track.
    Unless of course your three wheeler is like this
    HINCHTOWN!!