Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    I'm surprised in this day and age they haven't formed up into one large group of paranoids, claiming superiority for all to bow down to.
    Isn't it called 'the Republican party'..?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this is for the rubes to argue about.

how about the Sharia law at the US Federal reserve? if you didnt notice then you're obviously paying higher than 0% interest.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    If the people building the mosque want it to succeed then they will have to watch their speakers very carefully. Maybe the people building the mosque do see it as an intention of goodwill, however it is a sensitive issue for many and any signs of preaching hate from this mosque and it will go under.
    No it won't. They can spew whatever hate they want. They are protected by the US constitution.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    No it won't. They can spew whatever hate they want. They are protected by the US constitution.
    Yes they are, but I was thinking about the responses of some members of the public - legal or not. Could get nasty.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Don't be so mawkish! :rofl:
    Are you asking for a knuckle sandwich? :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I try to stay out of this because I am of two minds on this whole deal.

One thing does strike me as odd. The supposed purpose of this mosque is for "outreach and understanding" or something to that effect. How is that supposed to happen when something like 70% of the people don't want this thing there? Wouldn't you think that if the real purpose was "outreach and understanding" that perhaps they would think to themselves that this was a bad idea to do at this place, and move it to somewhere else in Manhattan or even Brooklyn where there is a significant Muslim population?

Something stinks with this from top to bottom, to put it mildly. But on the other hand, I really don't want the government to infringe on any religious freedoms. But on the third hand there needs to be something that the citizens can do to stop something like this when there is such overwhelming outcry over it.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    I try to stay out of this because I am of two minds on this whole deal.

One thing does strike me as odd. The supposed purpose of this mosque is for "outreach and understanding" or something to that effect. How is that supposed to happen when something like 70% of the people don't want this thing there? Wouldn't you think that if the real purpose was "outreach and understanding" that perhaps they would think to themselves that this was a bad idea to do at this place, and move it to somewhere else in Manhattan or even Brooklyn where there is a significant Muslim population?

Something stinks with this from top to bottom, to put it mildly. But on the other hand, I really don't want the government to infringe on any religious freedoms. But on the third hand there needs to be something that the citizens can do to stop something like this when there is such overwhelming outcry over it.
    I quite agree with that. Whilst there should be the freedom to do anything in terms of religion perhaps this is not the best place to do it for all concerned.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

WTC

i would not allow it at the Ground Zero!
    Full stop .Build it some where else,make sure its bugged too!!!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    i would not allow it at the Ground Zero!
    Full stop .Build it some where else,make sure its bugged too!!!
    It's not at ground zero. It is a few blocks away. And it's private land.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    It's not at ground zero. It is a few blocks away. And it's private land.
    Jon, umm yes, it looks upon the site of where the WTC stood. It should be pointed out there are 100 mosques in New York. This isn't about religious tolerance.

This is no different than having a neo-Nazi rally outside the gates of Auschwitz. IT is just in poor taste...

Not all Muslims are terrorists, not even close; but for anyone who is Islamic to be behind this mosque better get a course in tact, manners and history.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".