Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Or in other words "Team Orders".
    Those are your words, not anyone from Ferrari.

Thanks for the quote.
    You are welcome, although why you thank me for showing that you are not being truthful, I do not know.

Grazie for proving that you have no proof, just made-up allegations you want to believe.

That is not proof.
    Il diavolo era il 1° luglio 1947 nato.
    Forza Ferrari

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    So they have team orders. Good for them!
    Not the view of the FIA rulebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    All these complaints are nothing but sour grapes from people who canīt stand to see this team taking the maximum result from one race.
    Ferrari the team were already taking the maximum result with Massa leading and Alonso second. They wanted to maximise the WDC chances of one of their drivers and engineered this through the use of, according to the FIA stewards, team orders which are prohibited according to article 39.1 of the sporting regulations.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 647 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1

Ferrari the team were already taking the maximum result with Massa leading and Alonso second. They wanted to maximise the WDC chances of one of their drivers and engineered this through the use of, according to the FIA stewards, team orders which are prohibited according to article 39.1 of the sporting regulations.
    I think he was referring to both championships, but you know that. eu makes a good point. If the shoe was on the other foot I think we would hear the others singing Ferrari's song. Ferrari has been penalized. However I suspect further sanction is coming. As is usually the case in this situation I suspect the WSRC to make its decision based partly on the results of Spa.
    F1 you have to love it.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

1. Massa's pace was compromising.

2. They have also been charged with Article 151c of the 2010 international sporting code, which is an utter joke: "any act prejudicial to the interests of competition or the interests of motorsport generally"

Because

A) Alonso will make the WDC a 5-way fight instead of RBR vs McLaren and therefore how can that be prejudicial to the interests of competition?

B) Team orders has been part of motorsport as a whole so how can that be against the interests of motorsport generally?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    I think he was referring to both championships, but you know that. eu makes a good point. If the shoe was on the other foot I think we would hear the others singing Ferrari's song. Ferrari has been penalized. However I suspect further sanction is coming. As is usually the case in this situation I suspect the WSRC to make its decision based partly on the results of Spa.
    F1 you have to love it.
    I do hope Ferrari don't get penalised further but I think the WMSC may feel the need to act. It was such a crass move that they almost have to be seen to do something.

We all know the rules are bloody stupid and all teams employ team orders in a subtle way. Why oh why did Ferrari make it so clumsy? The viewing public want to see a race where the most deserving pilot wins, not someone being gifted a win he has no right to. That's the problem.

However silly the rules are, they are still the rules until they are changed and I fear there may be more sanctions.

Liked 647 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    I do hope Ferrari don't get penalised further but I think the WMSC may feel the need to act. It was such a crass move that they almost have to be seen to do something.

We all know the rules are bloody stupid and all teams employ team orders in a subtle way. Why oh why did Ferrari make it so clumsy? The viewing public want to see a race where the most deserving pilot wins, not someone being gifted a win he has no right to. That's the problem.

However silly the rules are, they are still the rules until they are changed and I fear there may be more sanctions.
    But here is the part of the equation that throws a wrench into the whole shooting match. As sad as it is for me to admit, F1 the business is what is at the bottom of this decision. So you say that the sanctions will come because the "enthusiasts" demand a fair outcome. I wonder how many "think tanks" right now are trying to decide what the best solution for bottom line economics is. Ferrari worldwide are probably the biggest draw by a large margin. So do you go for integrity or the almighty buck?
    Remember this is F1 and Bernie.
    Just something to ponder.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is no right answer. Lots of wrong ones but bugger all correct options.

Allow eam orders and fans think the series is fixed. People turn off.

Ban team orders and everyone still does it until someone does something silly. People turn off.

Seems that if you have 2 dogs in a team, you is gonna have team orders.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

And your point is that teams only care for the wcc because thatīs the one for them? Come on..

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I think we are all over the fact that it was team orders, and sour grapes doesn't really come into it for me because it was going to be a Ferrari win anyway, team orders or not.

wrong. no one cares who wins the wcc. Itīs the wdc the one that matters. The fact that Ferrari got the maximum result for both championships is really irritating.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    1. Massa's pace was compromising.
    To Alonso maybe.
    Vettel never managed to catch Felipe once they were in direct competition for 2nd place.
    But hey, don't let the facts stand in your own reality's way.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    A) Alonso will make the WDC a 5-way fight instead of RBR vs McLaren and therefore how can that be prejudicial to the interests of competition?
    Is an illegal rigged competition still a competition?
    I guess it depends on the opinion holder's POV and his/her ethical ground.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro